Known Issues & Problems with Frey Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

looks like it maybe missing a spacer... check in all the packaging in case it fell out...
I thought that but surely there shouldn't be a moving part on the wheel that can get lost so easily? I will check the packaging again, it's going to a bike shop next week anyway so they can tighten, bleed the brakes, set the suspension and generally give it a good checking over, i don't want it to fall apart at 35mph lol

the wheel is fine when you put it on it just digs into the grub screws at the very last tighten of the hub bolt

looks like it maybe missing a spacer... check in all the packaging in case it fell out...
You are a legend Haha it looks like the spacer came off when I pulled the plastic protection disc off 😁💪🏼

Attachments

• 20201028_124050.jpg
    20201028_124050.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 397
  • 20201028_124104.jpg
    20201028_124104.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 20201028_124112.jpg
    20201028_124112.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 20201028_124119.jpg
    20201028_124119.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 369
  • 20201028_124127.jpg
    20201028_124127.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 371
Whew! Thought we were in trouble there for a moment. 🤗

Simon warns about those spacers in one of his unboxing vids.
i am so glad someone spotted that, the box was going to the skip tomorrow morning, Phew.

wheel on now and now its just sat in the front room waiting for the batteries to turn up lol.

you wasnt wrong about the weight, wow and thats without the batts installed....

i am so glad someone spotted that, the box was going to the skip tomorrow morning, Phew.

wheel on now and now its just sat in the front room waiting for the batteries to turn up lol.

you wasnt wrong about the weight, wow and thats without the batts installed....

I know you are tempted to go pedal it around anyway but prolly not a good idea while you're under the weather. 👍

I know you are tempted to go pedal it around anyway but prolly not a good idea while you're under the weather. 👍
yeah, I do want to get out on it, however, I have left the pedals off on purpose so it stops me from taking it out lol, I have had about 10 days off work now and back in tomorrow apparently everyone at work has bought long sticks to keep me at bay, told them I have had it now it's me who will be buying a long stick...

yeah, I do want to get out on it, however, I have left the pedals off on purpose so it stops me from taking it out lol, I have had about 10 days off work now and back in tomorrow apparently everyone at work has bought long sticks to keep me at bay, told them I have had it now it's me who will be buying a long stick...
Are you allowed back at work with The Covid?

Are you allowed back at work with The Covid?
in the UK it's 10 days from the start of your symptoms, if you haven't had a fever for 48hrs beforehand you can go back to work, anyone that was in contact with me at that time had to self isolate for 14 days even if they had no symptoms, there are so many rules its getting peoples backs up.
in the UK i cant have anyone in my home but i can go to a gym where everyone is sweating haha the worlds gone mental

Solution - Get Frey to send your batteries out halfway through your order, this will make sure your bikes are not sat in your home for months without them :mad:

Solution - Get Frey to send your batteries out halfway through your order, this will make sure your bikes are not sat in your home for months without them :mad:
Dave-do you think that is a UK issue or do the batteries come separate no matter where you live?

I think the batteries come from china tbh, I think they go from somewhere in china to UPS and the only leg of the journey we see is from the UPS to your home, my tracking info for the UPS says they created a ticket on the 15th Nov but have yet to receive the goods, the UPS base in question is in Hungary so even when they get the batteries they still have to be delivered to the UK

26 days and counting

I think the batteries come from china tbh, I think they go from somewhere in china to UPS and the only leg of the journey we see is from the UPS to your home, my tracking info for the UPS says they created a ticket on the 15th Nov but have yet to receive the goods, the UPS base in question is in Hungary so even when they get the batteries they still have to be delivered to the UK

26 days and counting
Tom (CC owner from the Pacific Northwest) are you reading?!! Did your battery come with your CC or in a separate delivery?

the top battery on the Frey EX Pro, is this a standard fitting battery that can be bought anywhere, ie Ebay?

i know the in tube one is designed especially for the bike but the 2nd one looks like a standard model, does anyone have info on this or bought something that does fit and works?

the top battery on the Frey EX Pro, is this a standard fitting battery that can be bought anywhere, ie Ebay?

i know the in tube one is designed especially for the bike but the 2nd one looks like a standard model, does anyone have info on this or bought something that does fit and works?
I think they're supplied by Reention http://www.reention.com

I'm at work right now and the site is blocked so I can't see it, but you should be able to find it on there. I think the internal battery is called "Rhino", and the external battery is "Polly".

that's great cheers Mart I will have a gander, I did see some on eBay and thought the slide connections looked the same for the top tube battery

👍

On FB someone has made a 52v 14ah internal battery for the EX.. I think I'm going to try this as it could allow you to upgrade the controller for a bit more power at a later date...

I know the basics on how to do it but I've never actually built a battery pack before so it should be interesting..

Mind you tho, an upgraded controller will be about £750-1000, and making two batteries, say £4-500.... So not exactly cheap... But maybe one day I'll get around to it.

First things first, we just need batteries to turn up haha... hopefully monday or tuesday they'll arrive. :)

yeah i would have thought someone would be bringing a 52v for them, i think i would be happy with 1v at the minute haha

be good to know how to make them though and how they work, especially if we are at the mercy of only buying from China.

i took a look at that website it looks like they make all the carriers and what looks like to me empty battery packs? i could be wrong?

getting a little pissed off now tbh the 15 days went to 20 then now 30, it worse when they could have just sent them out months ago, they need to get there logistics in order.

anyway i have been flogging this dead horse long enough, i am sure it will be someone else having a whinge and we will be riding round on the bikes lol

Haha yeah 1v would be nice about now :) Its been annoying me too, I'm trying not to think about it but failing badly.... Hopefully this week they'll actually arrive!!

On the batteries. Whoever is building the battery specs which cells will go inside it... This is where the real cost is.. You can ever have cheap crappy cells, or half decent ones (Samsung 30Q/Panasonic PF's) at a price. You also pick the BMS, the fuses, the connectors, even the thickness of nickel strip on the battery... If you don't you're left at the mercy of some tightwad foreign company to do it for you, and sure it will work, but it won't be as good or last as long.

If you go on Facebook you'll see the difference between the 52v battery - and then an Aliexpress / Frey battery.. The difference is like night and day.

If you search Google for say "Battery Builders UK" it should throw up results. You'll need to provide the battery box tho...

ahhh right thats some good info, might be worth buying a couple of empty cases just in case depending on price but yet again these will be coming from China 8-(

i cant go on FB i came off there a year ago, i can click and view the odd page but cant comment or see certain things, will have a gander anyway.

really really hope they arrive this week ffs hahah

Back