Known Issues & Problems with Espin Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this but I turn my power on and off intermittently during my rides.

Sometimes, when I leave it on, the power bar will go down to 3 bars. Then I turn it off and when I turn it on after a mile or so (or if I need to get up a hill), the power bar is back up to 4 or 5 bars.

I must have power regeneration!!!! Just kidding. It's probably normal, just wanted to see others experience this.

Also started to hear a higher pitch whine now when the motor start going... is that normal?

I think power fluctuation on an indicator is normal for e bikes. I have not noticed it on my Sport but I do not usually notice the power bar while riding.

has anyone had problems with a clicking noise on the front wheel area...when using the trhottle, there was a loud snap or clinic that seemed to come from the front wheel...the noise was consistent and rhythmic

has anyone had problems with a clicking noise on the front wheel area...when using the trhottle, there was a loud snap or clinic that seemed to come from the front wheel...the noise was consistent and rhythmic

Yep, had the same problem and it was the brake line rubbing the spokes. It is not well secure up there - I added a fat black zip tie to the fork leg to keep in in place. Should have mentioned that somewhere.

Yep, had the same problem and it was the brake line rubbing the spokes. It is not well secure up there - I added a fat black zip tie to the fork leg to keep in in place. Should have mentioned that somewhere.
thanks!..fixed

So, the throttle on my Sport doesn’t work, nor does the electric motor turn on. The LCD. display and lights work. I see the check engine error icon on the display.
Basically I have an analog bike:) Does anyone have any advice? Thanks
P.S. Bike is brand new. Arrived with a bent derailleur, FWIW.

Have you checked to make sure the battery is clicked all the way in? I was getting an error code for that and had similar issues you were having.

Espin offered to pay for the LBS cost to fix the bent derailleur. they said they'd rethink the packaging again. sent them the receipt. we'll see how it works out.

Espin's customer support is good if you ask me.

They also offered to pay for an LBS to fix an issue that I had when I first got it. They credited me the cost after I sent them the LBS invoice.

They've also sent me a part I needed to replace free of charge.

Espin's customer support is good if you ask me.

They also offered to pay for an LBS to fix an issue that I had when I first got it. They credited me the cost after I sent them the LBS invoice.

They've also sent me a part I needed to replace free of charge.
my derailleur guard was bent so out of shape, the LBS just took it off. perhaps i should ask for a replacement. 🤔

Reactions: BET
Oh gosh the day I never wanted to come happened. Flat on my back tire. Went up a curb going to fast and just popped.

Is this a hard to change the flat?

Has anyone had the battery on their Sport pop loose when going over a small bump. Any fixes?
yes...espin has a solution of putting a small washer behind the latch....they wrote me back with this soln

I heard from our support team that you are having issues with your battery popping out.

The fix we have found for this is to insert a small washer under the plate for the latch. I am attaching a photo showing the screw in question. Take this screw out, take it to a hardware store and find a thin washer that fits the screw. It should be a couple cents for one washer, but you can forward us the receipt and we will reimburse you. Once you have the washer, install it under the latch plate to make the plate stick out a bit further. This should help hold the battery in place.

mail

Take care,
Andy
Espin Technical Support

yes...espin has a solution of putting a small washer behind the latch....they wrote me back with this soln

I heard from our support team that you are having issues with your battery popping out.

The fix we have found for this is to insert a small washer under the plate for the latch. I am attaching a photo showing the screw in question. Take this screw out, take it to a hardware store and find a thin washer that fits the screw. It should be a couple cents for one washer, but you can forward us the receipt and we will reimburse you. Once you have the washer, install it under the latch plate to make the plate stick out a bit further. This should help hold the battery in place.

mail

Take care,
Andy
Espin Technical Support

We added the washer and so far so good. Thanks Andy!

Attachments

• washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 264
Back