Known Issues & Problems with Espin Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

What does this sound like? I charge up my Sport to full, then it drops to 4 bars within seconds and then to 3 bars after riding about 100 feet. It will then hold 3 bars for around 10 miles before dropping to 2 then 1. Anyone?

What does this sound like? I charge up my Sport to full, then it drops to 4 bars within seconds and then to 3 bars after riding about 100 feet. It will then hold 3 bars for around 10 miles before dropping to 2 then 1. Anyone?
I would ask Espin. Could be faulty reading. Do you have a way to check battery ? Could be a problem with battery.

I figured it out. The voltage parameter on the display was set to 52 instead of 48. Went into display with a couple of clicks and voila, instant fix. Right back to solid 5 bars of power and stayed that way for quite awhile!

Attachments

• Sport display manual.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 607
I figured it out. The voltage parameter on the display was set to 52 instead of 48. Went into display with a couple of clicks and voila, instant fix. Right back to solid 5 bars of power and stayed that way for quite awhile!
Glad you figured it out. I changed a few things on my son's bike in advanced settings. Made me a little nervousness.

Glad you figured it out. I changed a few things on my son's bike in advanced settings. Made me a little nervousness.
I highly recommend filing the manual right above this post. It saved us. It is not included with the Sport manual. Thank goodness the Sport display is pretty popular...

I highly recommend filing the manual right above this post. It saved us. It is not included with the Sport manual. Thank goodness the Sport display is pretty popular...
Yes thank you for the manual. I printed it out and saved it. Wonder why Espin does not put a link to it on their website.

Have you tried adjusting the advanced settings like number of assistance levels? :)
I could. You can choose 3,5 or 9 levels. I left my Sport at 5. My son with a Ride1up wanted more levels so I adjusted his to 9 levels, adjusted his first few levels to less power and raised his power level on top two levels. You can do similar adjustments to the Sport.

Is there a way to adjust the top speed for PAS 1? I think it's 10mph but I want to move it down to like 7 or 8.

Is there a way to adjust the top speed for PAS 1? I think it's 10mph but I want to move it down to like 7 or 8.
You can adjust amount of power it gets. I do not know if it will change speed. Perhaps. That is what I did with my son's bike.

If there is you will probably find it here in the Sport display manual around page 10.

Attachments

• Sport display manual.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 447
There are some very good you-tube videos explaining adjusting specific models of derailleurs. The back of the bike has to be lifted so you can pedal the crank and shift it up and down through the gears to test it.

I looked all over my Sport and could not find a serial #. You may want to send an email to Espin. I am curious too...
You really need to turn it upside-down on a furniture blanket or other protective padding. Two people would be best. The serial number is on the bottom of the part of the frame the crank passes through. The LCD display should be removed before turning the bike over.

I'm not digging my newly received Flow's pedals at all...seem too small to me. I think I need to get my foot further away from crank...my heel is hitting the kickstand occasionally.
Does any one have a pedal recommendation if you changed yours out?
i like the quick release pedals...little further out from bike and can take off when you park the bike...for security reasons

Back