Known Issues & Problems with Aventon Products + Help, Solutions, & Fixes

One more thing! Did you try pressing the button on the battery twice instead of once. That happened to me when I first got it, and the company told me to do this and it worked.

I did try to press the button twice on the battery but no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Aventon can respond back (huge delay due to COVID-19)

I have a Pace 500 and the charger would not charge after about 2 months. They sent me a new charger. I’m sorry to hear that, as this is a good bike. Take the charger and battery back to the bike shop and let them deal with it. Aventon is a very good company and is always helpful. A friend of mine did have a problem with the odometer resetting to zero after he shut it down, but it was taken care of by the dealer. This may be a minor problem to the manufacturer, but a major one, because you want to ride. I’m sorry, but good luck.

The bike is not mine but my neighbor's. I will tell him this but as far as I know the battery and charger are fine. He did mention the LCD problems to the dealer but nothing was done about it. I will bring this up with him again. Thank you.

Try a quick push of the battery button. If that doesn't work then try a longer, 2 second press.

Try a quick push of the battery button. If that doesn't work then try a longer, 2 second press.

hey robrob I’ve tried both but no luck unfortunately. I’m waiting for Aventon to respond back to my email regarding swapping my battery and charger for a new one under warranty. Thanks for your help though

Just got my Level. Has anyone experienced the battery lock seizing up? Mine is currently stuck unlocked. I only got about 40 miles on her before this happened :'(

Try spraying some WD40 into the lock and on the key. Insert the key and pull it out several times and then turn the key right and lift a few times. That should free it up.

Try spraying some WD40 into the lock and on the key. Insert the key and pull it out several times and then turn the key right and lift a few times. That should free it up.
No luck. Maybe it was the wrong choice of words to say seized. More like...well just plain stuck. Like there's the ever so slightest give in both directions but feels mechanically stopped from moving in either direction.

I have Aventon Pace 500 Sport in small frame size. I like the bike.
I have two complaints. The lowest Pedal Assist level PAS 1 is too high at nearly 12mph. Once you pedal the required 1 revolution before assist is activated, the motor quickly accelerates to 12mph in a few seconds. It seems dangerous to be turning slowly and just pedal once and have that high acceleration jolting you forward. The second complaint is no 0 start throttle. You must pedal 1 revolution before the throttle is activated. This is tough starting at a stop light and wanting to get across the street quickly using the throttle but only after that pedal revolution. All my other ebikes I have ridden had the throttle activated from 0 start. I have gotten used to these problems. But I wish Aventon would make this great ebike even better by fixing the two complaints.
There is a way to reduce the pedal assist further down. The dealer where we ordered our bikes showed us for my wife as the take off assist that is factory set was to fast for her. Ask your dealer or go on youtube to see how it is done

No luck. Maybe it was the wrong choice of words to say seized. More like...well just plain stuck. Like there's the ever so slightest give in both directions but feels mechanically stopped from moving in either direction.
I had this same problem with my Level. I had only put about 150 miles on mine when I couldn't get the key to turn to lock the battery. Thankfully it was stuck in the unlocked position, as I was able to pull the battery and see the lock setup. I took it apart and discovered the problem. There is a retention screw on the lock cylinder that got stuck in a channel on the cylinder. I was able to back the screw out and reset it, good as new.
I don't recommend doing this unless you are good with tools, good with disassembling and reassembling things, and are aware that this *might* void your warranty.
I can't help but tinker, been taking things apart and reassembling them my whole life.
If anyone is interested and if it's ok with the forum rules I can post some pics and details of how I fixed this.

I had this same problem with my Level. I had only put about 150 miles on mine when I couldn't get the key to turn to lock the battery. Thankfully it was stuck in the unlocked position, as I was able to pull the battery and see the lock setup. I took it apart and discovered the problem. There is a retention screw on the lock cylinder that got stuck in a channel on the cylinder. I was able to back the screw out and reset it, good as new.
I don't recommend doing this unless you are good with tools, good with disassembling and reassembling things, and are aware that this *might* void your warranty.
I can't help but tinker, been taking things apart and reassembling them my whole life.
If anyone is interested and if it's ok with the forum rules I can post some pics and details of how I fixed this.
That would be so helpful! They're supposed to be sending me a new lock cylinder with instructions but that hasn't come yet. Probably just going to take it apart today

I'm not really sure why, but yes the key gets stuck in the lock while in the unlocked position.
Thank you a ton, mine seems to be working correctly now! Best I can figure for the key stuck in unlock is for security. That way you can't just walk up to any Aventon Level with any Level battery and just take off. You have to "unlock" the bike and THEN you can o5ut the battery in. Took a bit, but I makes sense to me now.

Some of you mentioned some issues switching the battery on. More often than not, I have to keep pressing the button and am almost ready to give up before it finally goes on. What am I doing wrong?

Just got my Pace 500 step-thru, lots of fun, but a few items I can use some help on.
Rear break hand lever grip pressure is much lower then the front, the breaks work, it just bugs me, don't know how to adjust. It looks like everything is just about even between the breaks, set screws, etc.. There was a little mineral oil at the line connection for rear break to the hand break.
There is a weird inconsistent noise when in PAS, more noticeable when just the throttle, like something is rubbing, but I don't think anything is. Is there something that could rub when the motor is in use?

Thanks in advance

Back