Just received a new Dorado 25ah battery

Since I already purchase direct from other manufacturers in China this looked like a product in short supply with a need of a US distributor. I'll get other sizes and capacities as the need arises.
I appreciate your knowledge and postings on this site Bitmugger.

I just finished my first ride with one of these on my Magnum Ranger, amazing range.
The other 4 I ordered are for sale...
Pretty sure that's the battery I have for my rebadged Frey AM 1000. I already have two of them though. I can't do many long rides right now. I have 'problems' getting one down to 'storage level' for when the bike has to sit around for a few days. It's just terrible. :eek:🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I can confirm the process was very easy!

*** EDIT *** SEE MY LONGER POST TRIP COMMENTS NEXT POST DOWN ***

I got back from my trip. I will post a full review shortly but 1st impressions after the ride are all positive!

We rode 102km the first day on PAS 4 (NCM Moscow) and I am a heavy rider with gear and a spare 16ah battery and we pulled in with 2 bars left on my display. I was very happy! My son had to switch batteries (he was riding a 16ah) around 75km. Ride back was in hot humid weather, really sticky and I leaned on the motor to assist me more and used PAS 6 for the final 25km and still rolled in with 44v left on the display. I'll post more details in a full review shortly. But battery worked flawless and charged fully overnight with a 3A charger and the range is fantastic.

A lighter rider and/or using less assist I don't see any reason you couldn't get 200km from a charge or more. To me these large 21ah to 25ah batteries are game changers for bike touring and/or commuting. Now I finally have a battery where I can carry a single battery, no awkward spare and can get more than enough distance for a fulls days riding. Even me being heavy I can get 120km from the battery with ease and further if I needed to. I can basically ebike tour now for unlimited distances since I can charge overnight at hotels. With a spare 16ah battery on the bike I could do 3 days of camping without charging even. Those are fantastic scenarios for me.

As a commuter doing say 15km a day to and from work you can go 2 full weeks Mon-Fri of riding plus some grocery runs before you have to recharge!!
Bit, So very tempting, but I have 2-13ah, & can get 60 mi. from either one. I have added a shelf to my
rack to carry both though not remotely necessary. How many watt hours on the 25ah? I also have a
21ah & 8ah dorado , but too short for the moscow unless clamped in with a 6¨ hose clamp. With a 25ah
& trailer, I´d be set for a transcontinental tour.😉(80ah total)

Just shy of 1,200 watt hours. I'll have to look for the exact number.
With all those batteries you definitely could do some touring. I was just looking at Google Maps for some longer single day trips myself.

Just shy of 1,200 watt hours. I'll have to look for the exact number.
With all those batteries you definitely could do some touring. I was just looking at Google Maps for some longer single day trips myself.
thx,close enuff. I´ve done the same for any place within 20 mi. that might be worth the ride.

I've been asked numerous times if the 25ah will fit bikes with a narrow step through style frame. My GF has a NCM Milano with a narrow frame so I did a quick video showing everyone with narrow frame bikes that the 25ah will typically fit without issue. You only need 5mm space above your stock battery and I am 99.9% sure every narrow frame bike has that amount of extra space. My video shows the 25ah fits great and even has room to spare for sliding my finger tip in between the frame and the battery.

Thanks for contrastively testing riding in different roads and with different PAS.
The bike shuts dowm at 40V, which protects the battery from over-discharging earlier than triggering he BMS protection.
Excllent range of 93km on full assist!
Hi Jenny
I'm in the Uk. Can you give me a rough price for 25ah battery, for my NCM Moscow,including shipping.
Thanks.

Hi Jenny
I'm in the Uk. Can you give me a rough price for 25ah battery, for my NCM Moscow,including shipping.
Thanks.
Hi RJC

It is about USD700 /GBP540 for Dorado 25Ah battery to most mainland areas in UK.

Pls send me an email when you like to know more details. Thanks!

[email protected]

It has been mentioned in a few threads here but Reention is producing a new case for their Dorado series of batteries that allow 21700 cells to be used instead of 18650. This increases the max capacity of that battery to 25ah using Samsung 50E cells (@48v). The battery is available in 36v, 48v.

I pre-ordered one for my NCM Moscow before the case was even available through Aijiu Energy and @Jenny Mao who is a user here on EBR. The battery arrived today and I made a couple short videos, I did an unboxing video and then I realized I should have had an existing Dorado handy for a size comparison so did a 2nd short video on it. These are the the first videos I've ever made so hopefully they are ok.

Unboxing:

Quick compare to existing Dorado:

I added a video showing the battery on a narrow frame step-thru bike:

(No idea why youtube links don't always work. Grrr. Search for "Dorado 21700 25ah" if needed)

So far the battery looks good, it fits the NCM Moscow I have now (it's taller than a normal Dorado). It arrived in perfect condition visually, I haven't ridden with it yet as it's charging (and it's raining out), but we have a 3 day trip planned with it so I'll post a real review after that! It's a big battery but the capacity is going to be great. The battery charge connector has moved from the bottom (down near the mud and water) to the top which is a smart choice I think. The water cover over the charge and USB ports is much thicker and heavier than the old covers (and has screws for easy replacement).

I ordered mine with the 2.1mm barrel connector for charging which limited me to the 3A charger but there is a 4A available using a 3-pin connector by Reention, 4A would really speed up charging for sure.

The battery has no rattles or loose parts, seems very well constructed. I've said before Aijiu and Jenny have been fabulous to deal with, I got a bit of special treatment since this was a pre-order for a new format of battery case, so I was able to see it's construction, the cells, the nickel strips, etc. It all gave me a great sense of confidence in Aijiu and so far so good :)

The packing was great, there was a slit in the foam around the battery and Jenny has said that must've been from customs inspecting the box (which did add a few days to shipping but with customs its a bit of luck to know if your package will be delayed or quick), that's no fault of Aijiu. The battery box arrived with all the proper lithium ion warning labels too.

Overall it's great so far. Just need to get some km on it now! Ask me any questions you have and check back for a full review later.

Here's the link I ordered from:
Hi do you know if the same battery as this Ali express are selling has the same samsung cells? The msg seller option on screen doesnt seem to work,or maybe they are on new holiday still

Hi do you know if the same battery as this Ali express are selling has the same samsung cells? The msg seller option on screen doesnt seem to work,or maybe they are on new holiday still
Most will be back on the 10th. New Year in China is a long holiday. Shipping as orders back up adding more time than the usual slow boat.

Hi do you know if the same battery as this Ali express are selling has the same samsung cells?

buy from jenny mao and you can trust she’ll build what you need using grade A cells. My 50E pack is from her.

DO NOT BUY FROM AN ALIEXPRESS VENDOR THAT HASNT BEEN REVIEWED. Those low prices are decieving. Samsung means nothing if the cell version isn’t posted. Samsung makes a few different cells. Not all are good ebike choices.

buy from jenny mao and you can trust she’ll build what you need using grade A cells. My 50E pack is from her.

DO NOT BUY FROM AN ALIEXPRESS VENDOR THAT HASNT BEEN REVIEWED. Those low prices are decieving. Samsung means nothing if the cell version isn’t posted. Samsung makes a few different cells. Not all are good ebike choices.
Cheers thanks for the info yea until i knew for sure wasnt gonna risk it,but was intrigued to know,thanks again👍

Jenny/Aijiu is a safe bet and you'll get top notch cells inside. Other Aliexpress vendors may be ok but it's such a crap shoot unless you can use reviews or do enough investigation to be sure they are legit and that you won't get poorly made product. I can't honestly recommend another Alibaba/Aliexpress battery vendor other than Aijiu :-(

BTW Chinese new year holidays are just wrapping up so all Chinese based vendors might be slow on replies right now

I don't have a Dorado style battery bike but I found this quote interesting:

"So the truly interesting thing for me was how the battery reacted at low voltages (the under 44v range). With the 16ah stock battery I find useful assist really tails off as the voltage goes under 43v it's clearly assisting but not much. With the 25ah either because of the 21700's or the overall deeper capacity the available current for the bike was much higher in those low voltages"

4 or 5 years ago when the 21700 cells became available I wanted to try them. As a DIY type finally got ahold of a shark pack Hailong case style 52v 15ah pack and put it through its paces compared to the 52v 18650 15ah pack it replaced. The first thing I noticed was how much better it performed as it approached the LVC. I continued using that pack as well as two others I bought afterwards, one 48v 13ah and another 48v 17.5ah on my bikes and got used to that performance even at 48v.

Recently got a new bike with an integral 48v 18650 Samsung 35e 17.5 battery and the first thing I noticed was that it started to shut down good power at around 47v which surprised me. Figured new battery and it should get somewhat better with a few charges which it did but only marginally. Due to the constrictions of the internal case size I wasn't sure if I could get a fairly comparable ah battery using 21700 cells but set out to do so using a combo of AliExpress/AliBaba.

Found a manufacturer that had the stock style case needed and after some back and forth communications and the CNY finally nailed down a spec that I felt was worth investing in a sample to be sent along for testing. The end result using 21700 cells in the stock case is 60wh's less, 780/840, but I am only getting 700wh's of actual use out of the stock battery so I feel they should be comparable and in the end my goal was to end up with two batteries anyway.....new battery also has a 40A BMS over the stock 30A which takes up some more space.

So as far as this thread goes I would highly recommend the 21700 Dorado and not just because it has a higher Ah rating as I feel that any Ah eBike battery can benefit from using the slightly larger cells. At least according to my experience. The mileage the OP is getting from the 25ah is impressive!

I now have 5 ebikes and 7 batteries. I can say without a doubt the 25ah battery is FAR better than the stock 16-19ah batteries down around the low voltage cut-off. I get useful assist basically all the way to empty vs the 16ah which just goes very weak in the low voltage area.

I keep meaning to do a real full-range test on the 25ah at PAS 3/4 where I normally bike. I ride the battery long distances quite often but on trails and with equipment. I want to do a good range test with just me and the bike on paved roads. It'll be way over 100km but just how far past I am eager to know.

Loving reading these reviews and range tests, that much I contacted @Jenny Mao and bought the 48v 25ah battery to go in my shengmilo mx03 (hope it fits but why shouldn't it I always worry lol)
Anyway jenny was very helpful and made Ali purchase more confident,
A few things she pointed out , one of them was the dc2.1 charge port has now been updated with stronger terminals so it now accepts 4amps for charging so I also bought the 4 amp charger.
The shengmilo comes with a 17ah battery which I haven't tested loads but it's decent pas2 (it has 5) got me 29 miles with 60%battery left, I then tested on 3/4 and 5 with hilly terrain and got 32 miles only but I wouldn't usually ride that strong assists,(testing)
So my thinking was I could buy another 17ah battery and lug it around and have 2 batteries with weaker lvc with weaker power at the bottom charge and not knowing what cells are on the battery OR buy a decent 25ah with good samsung 50e cells and only 1 lvc which acheives good power right down to the bottom, might be a while before I receive the battery due to the covid but when I receive it I'll be doing many tests and see if the install is straight fit (jenny sending the brackets for dorado just in case) 50e cells should be a lot better a long as you not pulling high amps constantly so better range,
Anyway guys/ girls if you have anymore tests opinions range tests etc please keep updating this thread as I have found it very interesting and informative , can't wait for mine to arrive here's sone pics of my bike so it should be a straight forward fit,,, thanks for any updated and creating this thread

Attachments

• 20220402_162413.jpg
    20220402_162413.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 222
  • 20220401_142156.jpg
    20220401_142156.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 20220325_181505.jpg
    20220325_181505.jpg
    839.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 20220406_195157.jpg
    20220406_195157.jpg