just bought a KTM Bosch cx ..super happy!

Very wise purchase. ;)

Which model have you chosen?

Also if you are interested, there is a KTM sub heading. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/forum/ktm/

Thanks Eddie. ..I'll look it up. I bought the Macina cross 10 ...I wanted the one with lights..racks and fenders (I've just kitted it out myself instead) Unfortunately my LBS tried but the only stock available were the mtbs and Panasonic motor erace. I tested the erace and it's a beast but I wanted Bosch as rock solid performance. I ordered mine straight from Austria via the LBS. It's so well made..really well made!

Thanks Eddie. ..I'll look it up. I bought the Macina cross 10 ...I wanted the one with lights..racks and fenders (I've just kitted it out myself instead) Unfortunately my LBS tried but the only stock available were the mtbs and Panasonic motor erace. I tested the erace and it's a beast but I wanted Bosch as rock solid performance. I ordered mine straight from Austria via the LBS. It's so well made..really well made!

Eddie I was just looking around the forum...came across 'show us your best ebike pictures' and there was some from yourself of a KTM Lycan...nice bike! Says that the pictures were taken around Corfe Castle so you are in the UK too? I used to live in Dorset..in Bournemouth. I now live/work in Wales. I wanted to ask you as a KTM owner do you notice much resistance when pedaling without assistance? Perhaps it's just me used to my mtb but can't help thinking I'm missing something. Any help appreciated?

Hi Joe, sorry for the delay in replying.

The Corfe ride was a Wiggle mtb event that I took part in. I'm from Crowborough, so that was a quite a trip and long day for me. Well worth the effort though.

Ref the riding above the assist level. Part of the issue is that because you get assist up to the legal level then it cuts out, any peddling above suddenly feels odd.
You will find that you get used to it, and when I had a Macina Fun that had 700c wheels, it wasn't really that noticeable. On my emtb it can be really hard work, as I often only run 15psi, and given the aggressive tread pattern of the tyres, the drag is terrible. I really try to avoid venturing any where near tarmac/roads.

If you venture onto he UK pedelcs forum, you should find that several ebike riders come from Wales. :)

Hi Joe, sorry for the delay in replying.

The Corfe ride was a Wiggle mtb event that I took part in. I'm from Crowborough, so that was a quite a trip and long day for me. Well worth the effort though.

Ref the riding above the assist level. Part of the issue is that because you get assist up to the legal level then it cuts out, any peddling above suddenly feels odd.
You will find that you get used to it, and when I had a Macina Fun that had 700c wheels, it wasn't really that noticeable. On my emtb it can be really hard work, as I often only run 15psi, and given the aggressive tread pattern of the tyres, the drag is terrible. I really try to avoid venturing any where near tarmac/roads.

If you venture onto he UK pedelcs forum, you should find that several ebike riders come from Wales. :)
That's funny regarding avoiding tarmac! I got that impression when I saw something you shared with a very muddy KTM...a piece Court used in a discussion about water resistance. ..great pictures. I have my own concerns that are quickly disappearing. ..I think I have faith in the Bosch system over other systems..well most. I heard Brose are alright too?

..possibly hundreds of Court's video reviews for the last year...happy riding!

Those videos seem to have that effect.:) Dido here but couldn't resist the nice weather for biking and pulled the trigger sooner than later. Bike video bing watching. haha

Congrats on the purchase!!

Those videos seem to have that effect.:) Dido here but couldn't resist the nice weather for biking and pulled the trigger sooner than later. Bike video bing watching. haha

Congrats on the purchase!!
Ha ha...so enjoying even my ride to work and back. ..I'm finding that I need any excuse possible to go back out for a ride...usually I would be tired after work and a ride home but not so much now. I keep offering to run errands and do anything that involves a journey on my bike. A year ago I was in hospital for two weeks with a serious DVT and off work for two months and couldn't ride my bike at all. ..now it's part of my recovery!

Ya.. We have been having crazy nice biking weather. I just don't understand why everyone isn't riding to work and back. I am still stuck at buying a lock for my bike. Until then I can't leave it unattended to run and do "shopping" errands...

I ride mine to work every day...holds up fine to the weather. I lock it up outside though so do use a rain cover ...silly not to. I don't know if I'm a bit keen locking it as I use three locks!

Attachments

• 20160824_175504.jpg
    20160824_175504.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 379
Curious what kind of locks did you go with.. Any pics of how you lock up? Happy commuting :)

Big locks. ..Kryptonite dlock with extender cord for wheels and another chain lock with a beefy padlock...ultimately any lock is at best a deterrent as an angle grinder (battery powered) will go through pretty much anything...so I lock up at work but everywhere else I just keep it with me...take it in shops too. Luckily there are an array of cameras that follow movement in the place I park up...it's outside the window where I'm working too..get insurance and decent locks and it should help with peace of mind ...but if someone really wants something they will find a way in my experience :(

Ya.. So far it's been with me but I know there will come a day when I need to get groceries while using the bike. Going to get insurance, just keeps getting put on my to do list of the future. I have one lock on the way and will likely get a krypto u-lock as soon as I can afford it.

U-locks or any kind of lock is cheap insurance @Cnuggett; I'd focus on the hard U-lock before buying insurance :), just keep your ebike close by in the meanwhile. I get joelmac's mindset about theft but personally, don't buy into fear just be aware.

I've got a litelok in the mail. Just trying to decide on what u-lock to get.. Will get the u-lock before the insurance. I have a feeling once I start locking it up, I'll get used to the idea of abandoning my baby outside for periods of time. I've been checking out what other people do in the hood and surprised how few even lock their bike! Shocker to me.

Back