Is anyone offering REPAIR on e bike motors.?

aupaul

Is anyone doing motor repair ? Izip 2017 m 16? Is there a swap out motor? It worked great one day next nothing. IZIP was sold about the time it stoped .They eventually offered some help but after I paid for $300 control panel and then they asked$800 for new motor.i quit.

I've found that very few motors actually fail. Controllers, throttles, and even wiring/connectors can fail much more easily. No shops working on eBikes in your area? Did you buy a multimeter and trace electrical wiring and connectors?

If you have a good battery, you can get a generic motor/wheel/controller for under $300.

Well yes, I'm retired. Worked on Radar and missile in Army. Retired from Telco. The motors does not work but I strongly suspect a controller type issue. Or a fuse.? There was actually an issue with the control panel. The izip tec thought that would fix it. But $300 later no go. Then he wanted another $800 for a motor. I said no and that was it. It had a code 800? Bad motor? At worst its a diode or something but who works on these ? Isn't it an internal controler.? Tranzx m16.

You are actually correct. In fact at first they diagnosed the controler because of a small tear in its rubber boot. No actual trouble shooting. $300. They had mentioned a special tool neededto run a test. For a fee they would send it as a loner. I reseched and found i could test from a port on the new control dp 27. I found the code E08. They said that means bad motor. That means i may go back and try agaIn.I actually have copies of all the trouble shooting processes. Lol
I hope i can actually fix this IZIP better that the Giant lafree i bought new. Thanks to all that helped. Keep suggestions coming.

I stand corrected. Didn't realize that Izip had mid drives in 2016. They have been out there for years and it seemed like they had just gotten away from the motor driving a separate free wheel a few years prior.

I stand corrected. Didn't realize that Izip had mid drives in 2016. They have been out there for years and it seemed like they had just gotten away from the motor driving a separate free wheel a few years prior.
Ok i just appreciate your effort. This had gotten put back and forgtton. But I'm hoing to try again to fix it again. After EASTER.

Ok the latest but 1st let me thank those that offered help.. My first computer class was CARD PUNCH. I worked on Missiles and RADAR with TUBES. The above conversations jogged my memory. My IZIP issue started with <no turn on> nothing. Bike had been on a KUAT behind my motorhome in Rain. I noticed the DP 27 had torn dry rot rubber cover. I disassembled it and found a trail of corrasion below that tear to a Large capacitor that had one leg burned off. Yes I replaced the capacitor. NO help <no turn on>.Trying to keep short But this is about the time IZIP SOLD for first time. 2 local Bike shops involved in original bike sale " we understand grease and wrenches not E-BIKES" <NO HELP> Weeks of calls not returned from 800# in California finally reveled Building shut DOWN related to IZIP SALE. But for $300 they shipped me a new DP 27. Weeks later it arrived BUT I Remember the tech saying he would include a driver that needed to be loaded BEFORE the DP27 could talk to the M16????????? No their was no Software in package??? Again weeks before MY DEMANDS got me to another tech. He helped but was no genius He +ME not much. But did get me into TRANZX LOGIX Passwords and all. He could never get me the three way tool so we use it...This was in 8-19. I then dropped this bought another e-bike for much more money. But not nearly the bike the IZIP.... From a third local dealer that knows nothing about e-bikes lol=sad !
COVID 19. Research shows I don't really need the 3 way Tranzx tool just connect LOGIX through the port inside DP27... ok this is all with very little actual computer knowledge !!!! But i have gotten the Laptop to talk to the Bike. AS far as 2 green lights logix . error code like above " communication Error" On the screen CU6Lb16F0400006 date 8-14-19 ????? is that the actual M16 software do i still need that DP 27 driver???? Search of computer back to 8-19 shows 15 files down loaded same time frame... ONE is ICD2Driver file folder.
Is that the driver I'm missing? are all 15 files needed? how do i get them into the dp27 LOL=crying ???? Thanks Paul
Ps i hate to throw this bike away.....

Hi, I'm having problems with my Haibike Urban Plus, the motor a Tranzx m25gts is vibrating so much that I can feel the vibration all over my body when I'm riding, the motor is doing a different noise and the battery light goes on while riding. I'm in Key West Fl. And there's not ebike mechanics providing service or diagnostics to ebike motors or ebikes in general, I heard about the Tranzx Logix but I think a password and username is needed in order to log in for a diagnosis.
Does anyone has the same problem and know how to fix it or does anybody knows how to log in in to Tranzx Logix?

Hi, I'm having problems with my Haibike Urban Plus, the motor a Tranzx m25gts is vibrating so much that I can feel the vibration all over my body when I'm riding, the motor is doing a different noise and the battery light goes on while riding. I'm in Key West Fl. And there's not ebike mechanics providing service or diagnostics to ebike motors or ebikes in general, I heard about the Tranzx Logix but I think a password and username is needed in order to log in for a diagnosis.
Does anyone has the same problem and know how to fix it or does anybody knows how to log in in to Tranzx Logix?
I have a tranzx motor on my urban plus. I am having issues with the cobi unit screwing uo using the bike without it. I am now parting it o6it or selling it whole locally. Let me know if you want parts for a good but nonsupported bike. Make offer. [email protected].

Back