Is Any E-Bike With A Throttle A Type 2 E-Bike?

"I expect swift consequences to legislators"

The legislators that dreamed this up need a swift something to a certain part of the human anatomy. As fast as the wheels of gov't can go implementing regulations it takes forever to get them to annul any so I don't hold much hope other than it never gets approval to begin with.

Yeah its not like someone is going to dock their pay or not re-elect them. By consequences I mean some hurried backpedaling, some embarrassing temporary press and a new bill designed to band-aid the old one.

I did some looking around after my last post in this thread and there is almost no press comment about this. Everything that exists that I can see came about before the recent rewrites and it all focuses on the bill being a battery safety bill focused on ebike rental companies.

Its entirely possible this thing will pass and nothing happens and nobody notices. I mean... think about it. For YEARS the laws in most of the country say "less than 750w" which means 750w is illegal... and who has paid attention to that, ever? Only the City of Honolulu that I know of.

Back