I'm stumped - Does such a bicycle even exist?

bikeman242

Looking for the following:

Upright seating position
Wide tires (minimum 2.3" width)
Front suspension
Bosch or Brose motor

I can't find anything on the US market that meets my minimum requirements except for a $6000 R&M.

Does ANYTHING else come to mind?

Townie Go!

And add a suspension fork, or keep it simple and just add an awesome suspension seat post from Kinekt. (Formerly named body float).
Still half the price.

Upright seating position
Front suspension
Bosch or Brose motor

I can't find anything on the US market that meets my minimum requirements except for a $6000 R&M.

There are any number of bikes that could work, if you find an LBS that is competent to swap out the handlebars. Some bike shops I approached didn’t feel comfortable doing it.
This is a Raleigh lore. Propel Biles changed out the handlebars and added spacers to make it more upright. Still half the price of an R and M that you mentioned

Attachments

• C6E91D2D-F0A0-4241-B0E4-B88306E52D71.jpeg
    C6E91D2D-F0A0-4241-B0E4-B88306E52D71.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 391

Upright seating position
Front suspension
Bosch or Brose motor

You have a great price point. I’m thinking there are many bikes on the market with enough room for you to simply switch the tires. Keep looking and post what you find.
Personally, I have a Specialized Vado. There offer different models & different size tires. I’m sure this forum will help.
And I always suggest to ride before buying.

Upright seating position
Front suspension
Bosch or Brose motor

Specialized Turbo Como with added suspension forks ??

bikeman242

I have been searching for the same thing an upright riding position, but not cruiser position. With quality components mid-drive Yamaha, Brose, Bosch. The Radcity is close to the correct style but wrong motor and no local support. Now I am thinking maybe my dealer could modify the Quick E+1 to what I need. Adjustable stem and different bars maybe.

I would imagine the dealer could put suspension forks like the Vado on the como
I think you’re right.
On Specialized’s European websites all Comos model year 2020 are advertised with suspension fork. That fork to me looks just the same as the Vado fork.
Fork travel is only 50mm but I found it ok for my street riding including some gravel roads and occasional forrest roads. I usually take it easy on bumpy surfaces.

Aren't you basically describing a hardtail mountain bike? I wanted basically the same thing and ended up getting a Raleigh Tokul IE. The way it fits me I end up with an upright position, and it works great on roads and the dirt trails in my neighborhood.

Aren't you basically describing a hardtail mountain bike? I wanted basically the same thing and ended up getting a Raleigh Tokul IE. The way it fits me I end up with an upright position, and it works great on roads and the dirt trails in my neighborhood.

Yes, but how do I get an upright seating position on the hardtail mtb?

I think you’re right.
On Specialized’s European websites all Comos model year 2020 are advertised with suspension fork. That fork to me looks just the same as the Vado fork.
Fork travel is only 50mm but I found it ok for my street riding including some gravel roads and occasional forrest roads. I usually take it easy on bumpy surfaces.

Hmm
This is exactly what i want
The specialized Como with a front suspension fork

Any way that i can get it in usa?

Back