I Think I've Narrowed It Down To Two Very Different eBikes...

BikerBobby

So I was all set on buying a VoltBike Yukon 750 and was about to order one when I happened to see that they are clearing out 2018 Haibike SDRUO Hardseven 4.0's for $1999 https://www.haibikeusa.com/2018-sduro-hardseven-4-0.html
I know this is kind of comparing apples to oranges as they are 2 very different style bikes.

I'm sure that the HaiBike is much better built but I'm still considering the Yukon. I'm probably not going to be going on any offroad trails that are too crazy, but I wouldn't mind some offroad capabilities, ones that probably dont need a "mountain bike" per say.

Has anyone owned or rode both of them or both of those style bikes? How trail capable is the Yukon? Think I will regret not getting the mighty HaiBike?

I recently ordered a 2018 Haibike XDURO FatSix 9.0. It should arrive this week. I will let you know how the quality is; but I expect it to be top notch as Haibike is a German company. I already have a Felt Outfitter that has the Bosch system and it is excellent. That VoltBike Yukon 750 is a lot heavier and has their own proprietary system which I'm sure if far inferior to the Bosch or Yamaha systems on the nicer bikes.

How much is the VoltBike Yukon 750?

That VoltBike Yukon 750 is a lot heavier and has their own proprietary system which I'm sure if far inferior to the Bosch or Yamaha systems on the nicer bikes.
The Voltbike Bafang system is not proprietary. As a matter of fact Haibikes are a proprietary system. Lately, the Bafang hub motors have proven to be some great performers and there are no com systems between motor and battery. The battery will be far less expensive to replace,

The Voltbike Bafang system is not proprietary. As a matter of fact Haibikes are a proprietary system. Lately, the Bafang hub motors have proven to be some great performers and there are no com systems between motor and battery. The battery will be far less expensive to replace,

The Haibike has a Bosch Performance CX Motor, Bosch Purion display, and Bosch battery. What is proprietary about that? I thought the Bafang motors share some common components but are made specific for each manufacturer?

The Haibike has a Bosch Performance CX Motor, Bosch Purion display, and Bosch battery. What is proprietary about that?
That's the very definition of proprietary!

Bafang CAN do custom motors, but typically that amounts to changing connectors and wiring to suit the volume buyer. Beafang hubs are pretty generic. Using any number of controllers and displays.

So I was all set on buying a VoltBike Yukon 750 and was about to order one when I happened to see that they are clearing out 2018 Haibike SDRUO Hardseven 4.0's for $1999 https://www.haibikeusa.com/2018-sduro-hardseven-4-0.html
I know this is kind of comparing apples to oranges as they are 2 very different style bikes.

I'm sure that the HaiBike is much better built but I'm still considering the Yukon. I'm probably not going to be going on any offroad trails that are too crazy, but I wouldn't mind some offroad capabilities, ones that probably dont need a "mountain bike" per say.

Has anyone owned or rode both of them or both of those style bikes? How trail capable is the Yukon? Think I will regret not getting the mighty HaiBike?

What did you end up getting?

I can speak first hand for Haibike Sduro. Awesome bike with the Yamaha motor and the build quality and performance is outstanding. The interface on the 2018 models with their proprietary firmware completes the package hands down. If you decide to go with this brand, I am sure you will not regret it. Perhaps you could test ride a few different models to be sure. If the pricing is a bit out of your budget, watch for some demo sales. I grabbed mine quickly and have no regrets. Happy shopping!

Back