I lost 1/2 of my power going up a hill with full throttle applied and it remains all the time now.

1532ken

Region
USA
I lost 1/2 of my power going up a hill with full throttle applied and it remains all the time now. I have two 48V batteries one 48V 1000w motor and 48V 1000w controller. Need some help annualizing the problem.

What remains all the time? Full throttle, or half speed?

Assuming half speed persists. Typically, when going uphill, there is voltage sag that would make the bike act like this. Does your bike have a volt meter in the display? If it’s below 45v, you’ll feel the power diminish. Are you batteries paralleled? Or do you use one at a time?

The 1/2 power has been reduced all the time. I do not have a volt meter on the bike but have bars that light up. The bars show full power that means all bars are lite up. The batteries are paralleled with a
splitter.

Can you bypass the splitter and hook one battery up to the bike and test?

I put one battery in at a time and tested it and they work by them self but with reduced power. I did this test with both batteries and they were the same , reduced power.

Yes I did this and one battery at a time had the same outcome about 1/2 power when the throttle was turn to full power.

Back