I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot...........

Nvreloader

Region
USA
Well I jumped into the frying pan, I made contact with another E biker in the middle of the US, He had a Warthog bike and he didn't like it and sold it after several months, he had bought 2 extra OEM batteries and did not let the extra batteries go with the bike.
Long story short, he offered to sell me both batteries for $600 (1 OEM battery is $700 + shipping) and he would ship them to me etc. After asking several questions/photo's about the batteries, they were less than a yr old, both were brand new and never used). I decided to get them, sent him the funds and 5 days later they showed up, very well wrapped and protected etc.

I pulled them out and proceeded to check the voltage, #3 battery had a Voltage reading of 44.1 V, then charged this battery to 53.8V after 3hrs-30min, (same time it takes my other OEM battery's).

Battery #4 had a voltage reading of 39.8V. I held off charging this battery as my bed time was approaching and I didn't feel like sitting up while it charged, I never leave my battery's when charging and watch them like a hawk, just in case things go cross ways with them etc.
It will get charged in the AM, so I can watch it etc.

Here is the kicker on these batteries, they are made by this factory :
http://www.sz-clouds.com/goods/863263 and fit one of their E Bikes, per info obtained from their
site, it appears that these are 21700 Battery's (weighed against my OEM battery's),
I hope. I have sent a email to this company with the serial numbers to possibly find out more information on them.

After bat #4 is charged, I'll give them a good test to see the results, then recharge them back up, to see the results and if these are good, then I'll have enough battery's to do my planned 120+ mile trip this spring and another 70 + miles into the Blue Wing Mtn's, sheep scouting.

Keeping my finger crossed....................LOL
Your thoughts and suggestions..............
Don

Tom
I know, I have lived in NV for over 50+ yrs, and I know,
I have NOT dropped over $20, and most of that it was the penny machines,
just to have fun............

Both battery's charged up to 53.8V in 3hr 1/2 hrs, same normal times as my other 2 OEM battery's, left over night and the readings were 53.5/6V after 24 hrs sitting.

As soon as the winds die down (running 40mph) steady right now, and snow on the ground, I'll give them a couple of good tests and then recharge them back up..
doing careful checks on each step.

So far everything looks good..............Got my fingers crossed, maybe I lucked out?
Tia,
Don

I just checked the volt readings, down to 53.5V on both battery's,
down from 53.8v when charged, It has been 3+ days, just sitting there,
If this stupid wind would quit, I would be riding and testing them,
I don't enjoy riding in 30+ mph winds, and it's always a head wind,
no matter which way I go...........LoL
Thanks,
Don

I got to test the new battery's today, the wind died down to around 10+mph and was coming out of the South, so I headed into the wind for a 46.1 mi ride, then it started picking up gusts over 30 mph etc.

I turned around and mashed the throttle, heading for home, first time really using
the throttle for several miles, with a tail wind 90% of the way, max speed obtained was 24.9 mph in the 11T gear, 35T gear was about 14.5mph.

When I left the house, battery reading were 53.4V and after really pushing them the ending reading was 50.0V after sitting for an hr.

I think I'll take them down to around 43.8V then charge them back up and see the results.
So far (knock on wood), they appear to be good battery's,
but will put them to the test a couple more times, before I really trust them.

Your thoughts and suggestions......
Tia,
Don

Too much fun STOP IT! I really miss the Nevada desert and my dirtboats!

Tom
I have seen them on Smith Creek playa/Black Rock Plays and also on The Blue Wing Playa's, but never had a ride on one yet, there is always a first time I hope,
looks like a blast.

Why don't you start a New Hobby, Land sailing on the Big lake when frozen,
that is sure to catch on, I bet you can go faster on ice than land?.
Tia,
Don

Tom
I have seen them on Smith Creek playa/Black Rock Plays and also on The Blue Wing Playa's, but never had a ride on one yet, there is always a first time I hope,
looks like a blast.

Why don't you start a New Hobby, Land sailing on the Big lake when frozen,
that is sure to catch on, I bet you can go faster on ice than land?.
Tia,
Don
Hard water sailing is big here. But nothing beats a playa. IMO.
One of my dirtboats. My NV plate was DRTBOAT.
1677912915304.jpeg

Has anyone built one with just an airfoil for a "windcatcher" rather than a sail? should work alright, may even be better for 'tacking". I could see a front drive hub motor and some good LA batteries on each side for ballast. For when you are having wind problems.

Has anyone built one with just an airfoil for a "windcatcher" rather than a sail? should work alright, may even be better for 'tacking". I could see a front drive hub motor and some good LA batteries on each side for ballast. For when you are having wind problems.
Of course, and they hold the record land speed with only wind.

222.4 km/h (138.2 mph)

It took the might of the British air services and a few million dollars to take the record from two guys ion Vermont.

Hey Guys
Question for you,
I used/have these 21700 battery's, 48v-15ah-720wh dual battery's,
On yesterdays test run, I used 3.4v of power to go 46.1 miles,
is this good, bad or average efficiency ?

Battery readings was 53.4V start and 50.0V after sitting for an hr,
after using them for approximately 3.5hrs.

I know there is some way to figure all this efficiency stuff out, but I don't have a clue..

Your thought and suggestions...........
Tia,
Don

Last edited:
Hey Guys
Question for you,
I used/have these battery's, 48v-15ah-720wh dual battery's,
On yesterdays test run, I used 3.4v of power to go 46.1 miles,
is this good, bad or average efficiency ?

Battery readings was 53.4V start and 50.0V after sitting for an hr,
after using them for approximately 3.5hrs.

I know there is some way to figure all this efficiency stuff out, but I don't have a clue..

Your thought and suggestions...........
Tia,
Don
I'd be very happy with those results under any riding conditions.

Tom
I know, I have lived in NV for over 50+ yrs, and I know,
I have NOT dropped over $20, and most of that it was the penny machines,
just to have fun............
towable
Both battery's charged up to 53.8V in 3hr 1/2 hrs, same normal times as my other 2 OEM battery's, left over night and the readings were 53.5/6V after 24 hrs sitting.

As soon as the winds die down (running 40mph) steady right now, and snow on the ground, I'll give them a couple of good tests and then recharge them back up..
doing careful checks on each step.

So far everything looks good..............Got my fingers crossed, maybe I lucked out?
Tia,
Don
somebody should put a "wing sail" on a trike or ebike( not on a light one though) stowable in the headwind

Back