I got pulled over again

Phanes

So I was pretty sure the light was yellow but the bicycle officer on the other side thinks it was red. Anyway I guess he turned to run me down but quickly realized he could not catch me. I honestly did not know he was chasing me. He had to call for a cruiser to intercept me. The cruiser pulled me over a few miles down the road and asked me to wait for the other officer to catch up. When the bike officer caught up with me he was angry as hell. He told me my Moped had to have a plate and he was going to charge me with evading the police and running a red light.

I had to take about 15 minutes to show him the bike including letting him peddle it so he understood it was not a moped. As for the evading I told him at 28mph I had no idea he was behind me as I am constantly looking forward due to my speed.

In the end he wrote me a ticket for failure to obey a traffic control device and then told me they needed to upgrade their police bikes to Stromers. I offered to bring my down to the station so they could all see it and ride it. I wonder if Stromer has a police officer version with blue lights and such.

Good story.. I've noticed that police have stepped up traffic enforcement of cyclists this year, by quite a bit.... They are writing people up for running stop signs, riding side by side.. This was unheard of in Miami.

35 Dollars for running the red light. It was yellow when I entered the intersection I tend to obey the rules of the road especially on a bike because blowing a light can get you killed pretty easy.

The bicycle cops around here wouldn't even be able to catch me on my road bike much less my e-bike. They ride Trek DS hybrids. I pass them all the time.

My goodness you must live in a town where the poe poes have nothing to do .. The agency I work for here in Acionville does not have time to deal with a motorists that salutes him with a beer in his hand while running a red light.. Much less a bike...

I am exaggerating a little bit , but truthfully we have become so very crime ridden that it is not unusual at all to have 4 calls stacked and pay very little to no attention what so ever to traffic detail.. so very sad but true.. And to keep within the topic of the OP's post, our agency has a few Polaris electric bikes..

Be safe.. and happy , life is short.

Hey Phanes,

Did you get a deal on a demo ST-2 at Electric Bikes of New England? I bought mine there last week, and Paul mentioned that someone had recently bought a 20-inch (I think?) demo ST-2. I was like, wow, how much off for the demo. He said a grand off. Daaaamn.

$35 ticket? Where do you live? I got a $200 ticket where I live for crossing a double yellow line to pass slow moving cars.

Trying to avoid going political but I live in NH and the state motto is Live Free or Die. A fine of $200 for crossing double yellows would defiantly have me at my next town meeting talking about reducing fines under the 8th amendment.

Our local police force use ebikes. :)

dscd1561.jpg

Back