HyperFat HF1000 - Disable Automatic Assistance? (On Demand Throttle Only for Exercising) + My Speed Limit setting isn't obeyed less than 14 MPH

Throttle does not work when the killassist switch closes across the brake inhibitor wire pair (as you already suspected).

The future solution you have already suggested: that Juiced make a "0" setting in the power level menu. That would be quick and easy to use.

Till then, I am enjoying my killassist switch. It lets me go back and forth from manual to assist very quickly.

You could glue it just about anywhere, even on or near your throttle.

PS: it was the first mod I made to my bike. I despised the always-on assist and that I could not go on a night ride using just the headlight. God, that all sucked so bad and I have forgotten how unsatisfactory it was. I am constantly riding the bike going OFF and ON with the assist. The switch is used very frequently; as well, the on/off throttle button. I do not have a throttle anymore.

@Reid

Can you kindly post more close up photos on exactly what wire and where you tapped into to tie into the actual switch?

@Reid

Can you kindly post more close up photos on exactly what wire and where you tapped into to tie into the actual switch?
When I get my display and wire harness and controller back from warranty service I will take some photos.

Here is all it is: you take either one of the motor inhibitor wire pairs (either of the cables that go to either of the brake handles).

Considering either one of them: the cable contains a pair of wires. To make a killassist switch you splice into and with the toggle switch you install, for instance, connect the wires together. Closing the normally-open circuit wire pair will cut off the assist but leave the display and odo and headlight operating.

Last edited:
I never got around to attempting this DIY projects and it's been a year now. To be honest I haven't been riding my hyperfat bike at all. I thought I wanted the power of this bike but when I'm working out I don't want any assistance at all at certain points. Without the ability to totally turn off all assistance as needed, it's not a good bike to get any kind of workout on at all. It helps out too much even on the lost setting with as much disabled as possible. I might as well buy an off-road motorcycle etc is how it feels.

Has juiced added the feature to turn off ALL assistance in any of their newer products? (A Zero gear below Eco would be perfect)

If not, what another brand electric bike I can look into that offers complete shut off? I might as well get something a bit lighter than as well.

Hell, I'd settle for throttle only even at this point if that's what I need. I really need a mountain bike I can get a work out with but power through extra steep hills via electric when it's needed since I'm around the Lake Tahoe mountains.

Tronic, it could be because the hyperfat tire bikes are not at all ideal as workout bikes, not like the currents and other street tire bikes are. Now I recall in my l crosscurrents display unit there was many options dealing with both the torque sensor and cadence sensor. You played with those?

Tronic, it could be because the hyperfat tire bikes are not at all ideal as workout bikes, not like the currents and other street tire bikes are. Now I recall in my l crosscurrents display unit there was many options dealing with both the torque sensor and cadence sensor. You played with those?

I tried it all, I repost the original post:

Any Way to Disable Automatic Assistance for special occasions? Sometimes I want to focus on intense exercising some days and the assistance is just way too much at any setting. It would be nice if we could have the option to disable ALL automatic assistance but the manual throttle still works on demand in a pinch.

I can press and hold the power button to turn it off, but then I can't use the throttle anymore either.

I've disabled the Torque sensor

I've set to ECO

I've set the speed limit to 1, 5, 10, doesn't matter though. My Speed Limit setting isn't obeyed less than 14 MPH. (too much assistance)

No matter what I choose, when I peddle or hold the throttle the bike will get right up to 14 mph. Again this is too much help when I'm ready to actually get a workout in.

Suggestions/Thoughts? Is this a firmware feature request maybe?

We should have 6 modes

OFF, ECO, 1, 2, 3, SPORT
(OFF = Throttle only, no automatic assistance)

If I need to buy a new bike to make this happen I will, looking for suggestions.

I posted a new thread asking for option, and it seems all the other popular brands have an off function (leaving throttle only)

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...turning-it-off-off-zero-gear-below-eco.27895/

Can anyone confirm if Juiced implemented this in their latest controllers since 2017/2018? Who do I tag to have someone from Juiced answer? I sent a support email a week ago with no response yet. I'm happy to replace or send in my controller for an update if it's an option now.

Best of luck... Don't have an answer for you (don't have a Juiced here) but totally get the desire for an "Assist Off" setting; reading this thread, I am glad in hindsight my bike came with one.
As I've seen my fitness improve a bit over the last year of riding, I have slipped steadily down the assist scale; nowadays Level 1 (smallest assist level, of 5 available) is my default setting.
On my evening commutes home (which I deliberately extend to 15-20miles) I now ride long stretches of that route in Level 0, in order to feel a harder workout when I can afford to get sweatier.

Support finally responded:

"
Marc (Juiced Bikes)

May 7, 12:55 PM PDT

Hey there! Thanks for contacting us at JuicedBikes!

Have you already unlocked race mode? By doing so, the ability to turn off pedal assist becomes an option.

--------------------------------------------------
Marc Reyes // Technical Support
"

I just responded with:

I unlocked to get sports mode. I don't see a race mode or the ability to turnoff pedal assist.
Can I send my controller in for a firmware update?
You have my order history, right? Please advise

I got a facebook message reply as well:

"The Assist levels are basically a portion of the full power the system can give you and they are arranged in a way that you can select in steps. Note: All of our bikes are configured to follow Federal regulations. Some of the extra modes are available via settings. 0 - This is basically no power assisting you while riding. It is used to have the system on ECO - This will give you enough power to take the weight of the bike off 1,2,3 - These are incremental steps on power assist that will cap when reaching 20mph Sport, S - Will give you full power output having a 28mph cap Off-Road / Race - This will give you the full system power and won't have a speed limiter. Only to be used where allowed like non-public roads. "

I responded with: Mine doesn’t have a 0 option. Can I send it in for a firmware update? Unlock NDW page Only goes 1-4

2019-05-07 14.16.06-1.jpg
2019-05-07 14.15.22.jpg2019-05-07 14.15.23.jpg2019-05-07 14.15.25.jpg2019-05-07 14.15.27.jpg2019-05-07 14.15.29.jpg

With the torque sensor disabled any pedal movement will make the bike go at the speed equivalent to the assist setting. My CCS will do over 20 mph in setting "3" in first gear. Lower speed for lower settings. I had to read the display manual to make sense of this. It's a cadence sensor only: Pedals move, motor spins at assist speed setting. Turn the torque sensor back on and stay in "ECO" all the time. Try it for yourself everyone, maybe my CCS is different than the rest.

Back