HyperFat Accessories, Add-ons, Changes and Feedback

Eglon

I'm looking to get all sorts of information about what people are learning and trying on their new HyperFat. What accessories, how big of a tire can they fit, if they plan on bigger different/better components. I have been very pleased with my bike so far and want to see what others are experiencing.

One thing that I'm looking into is a neoprene battery cover for the winter. Does anybody know of an aftermarket option that might fit? Do people make their own?

One thing that I'm looking into is a neoprene battery cover for the winter. Does anybody know of an aftermarket option that might fit? Do people make their own?

I would reach out to this company https://www.sealsavers.com/

They make them for motorcycles and I would think it wouldn't be hard to make zip on ones for a battery cover. I haven't seen anyone making them for e-bikes directly yet.

Are the top speeds as described? Also, what motors did everyone order (9T or 12T)?
I got the 9T version. It feels torquey enough, but I could see that if you climbing big hills all the time the 12T would be nice. I preferred the high speed. The speeds are as advertised. On my 4 mile commute I regularly maintain mid to high 20's and with a little effort could hit the low 30's. I think if I really wanted to work at it I could hit mid to high 30's.

Last edited:
I got the 9T version. It feels torquey enough, but I could see that if you climbing big hills all the time the 12T would be nice. I preferred the high speed. The speeds are as advertised. On my 4 mile commute I regularly maintain mid to high 20's and with a little effort could hit the low 30's. I think if I really wanted to work at it I cold hit mid to high 30's.

Nice! Can’t wait to get mine. Have you tried it with the torque sensor deactivated?

Got my Hyper yesterday. Thank goodness for the foam. Shipping box took a direct UPS hit right where the battery pack was located! Hole in box .. the whole works.. lucky the battery was packed well enough to take it.

The only issue I have discovered is: the display does not show any speed.. stays a zero no matter how much throttle is a applied. I checked all connections nothing seems to be out of sorts. Walked through advanced settings see nothing to disable the speed display.

Anyone had this problem?
Thanks

Got my Hyper yesterday. Thank goodness for the foam. Shipping box took a direct UPS hit right where the battery pack was located! Hole in box .. the whole works.. lucky the battery was packed well enough to take it.

The only issue I have discovered is: the display does not show any speed.. stays a zero no matter how much throttle is a applied. I checked all connections nothing seems to be out of sorts. Walked through advanced settings see nothing to disable the speed display.

Anyone had this problem?
Thanks

Here is the set up guide. There is a lot of information there.

https://www.juicedbikes.com/pages/hyperfat

There is no speed sensor in the MAC motor so there is a external speed sensor located on the front fork. The wheel magnet must be close enough to the sensor in order for the speed to be picked up and show on the display. The pedal assist must have the speed sensor working to function properly.

@tora.. Thanks. I understand now... READ THE MANUAL first.

I always amaze myself with my continuing stupidity.. be grateful you are able to be apart of it!o_O

I called this morning.. your excellent support team explained how it works.

Glad to hear people are receiving bikes, my bike was shipped by ups but is sitting in cerritos, california, really hope it comes tomorrow, if not it's probably lost :( really hope that's not the case

Here is the set up guide. There is a lot of information there.

https://www.juicedbikes.com/pages/hyperfat

There is no speed sensor in the MAC motor so there is a external speed sensor located on the front fork. The wheel magnet must be close enough to the sensor in order for the speed to be picked up and show on the display. The pedal assist must have the speed sensor working to function properly.

Seeing the initial setup document, it seems as there are a couple of minor issues with pedal assist level responding in the correct power output while in Sport mode. Do you think this would be addressed with a software update in the future?

I've got about 100 miles on the bike so far and I'm loving it! I ride most of the time in ECO or 1 since that easily puts me in the mid-20's and helps reduce the battery draw and use. It's cold here now (mid teens) in the mornings and just a little better in the afternoon. Some of the changes that I've made already are an accessory bar that I mounted the light on. I like it up higher. I just drilled a hole through the aluminum mounting bar and bolted it to that with the existing hardware. I also put on an Ibera fat bike rack and it fit almost perfect. Since I didn't need the spacers I had to get shorter bolts, but were easy to get in stainless at the local hardware store. I plan on getting their rack pack with expanding panniers. I also got a handlebar bag to hold a couple of tools and the battery key as well as my phone. One of my most needed adds was the fenders. I got the RadBikes full fenders for the RadRover and they required just a little bit of modification to fit great. The rear wheel is a little bit of a pain to take off since I'm used to non ebikes. For the rear fenders I drilled out the rivets and drilled a hole in the plastic at the right point for the upper cross mount, but that was all. Since I will use this year-round for commuting in snow and rain the fenders will be fantastic.

My next addition is coming Monday and that's a chain keeper, the ChainSpy2. I've noticed that in first gear if it's bumpy and I'm pedaling the chain might jump off and get caught between the ring and the plastic protector. I understand that this is often a problem in 1 by setups where the chain can't quite flex and there's no derailleur to help keep it in place. Not a unique thing the the HF. The other way to help would be to get a WolfTooth wide/narrow chainring. But I think I'll wait to see how the ChainSpy2 works and hopefully wear out the current chainring before I go to a narrow/wide setup.

I just ordered a Brooks saddle as well. Can't wait to try that one out!

I'm still looking for a neoprene battery case, but am getting to the point where I think I'll have to make my own. I also plan on getting the Origin8 slick fat tires for the non-snow months.

IMG_8283.jpg
IMG_8284.jpg
IMG_8285.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8286.jpg
    IMG_8286.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,144
Last edited:
Seeing the initial setup document, it seems as there are a couple of minor issues with pedal assist level responding in the correct power output while in Sport mode. Do you think this would be addressed with a software update in the future?
Yes. It's just like they describe. If I'm pedaling hard and then stop quickly or use the throttle sometimes this is an issue.

Now that I've done some more research all I wish I could change is to put a Pinion gear drive and Gates belt on it. I love the idea of a sealed and no maintenance shifter with such a wide range. I also would like the gates since it doesn't require lube and also appears to last a long time.

Thanks! If I get the Rad rover fenders, looks like I won't have any problem mounting the front fender and the light with the same bolt. As far as the rear, you only had to place a few holes?

Back