Hydra as a commuter?

What size tires are you thinking for the bike if you're commuting?
Probably Schwalbe super Moto-x 27.5 x 2.8

I wish those had a 29” option though.

Shipping would be extra from Italy, but this places has some in stock.
https://www.velonova.lt/en/sks-mudrocker-rear-mudguards
Try here... I paid 0 shipping to TN

Thanks - I may order these now while they have them. As that could change fast haha.

Thanks that worked for me also!

Perfect, just ordered one as well! Thanks

I’m curious if anyone is planning on commuting with a Hydra. I’m thinking the Salsa bend bar (23 degrees), Kindernay, and a a rear rack might make for a plush comfortable ride.

Perhaps those that already have theirs may have some good insight into the feasibility of this?
What wheels are you considering?

20210626_102347.jpg

So for those interested. I just got my Gearoop CS-056 kickstand that attaches to the pedal. Thinking about it now not sure how wise it is to put a kickstand on a pedal thats a middrive. Also pedal strike on trails may be an issue. I will probably only use it if I am unable to lean it against something. In any case, it was simple to attach, easy to to use, and no affect when pedaling.

Attachments

• 20210626_141104.jpg
    20210626_141104.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 20210626_141125.jpg
    20210626_141125.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 210
For a Hydra as a commuter I’d get the Hydra Black, add Schwalbe Super Moto 27.5X2.8 tires, upgrade the brakes, and a spare battery I could carry in a backpack. Done.

These look like a good candidate for 29” commuters, the “SUV” tire, available in 29x2.6

These look like a good candidate for 29” commuters, the “SUV” tire, available in 29x2.6
I have a set of Schwalbe Super Moto-x 27.5 x 2.8, and I can't fault them on-road, great tyres that will definitely help maximise your range, but off-road in the rain sodden UK they don't provide any help. Outright dangerous! :oops:

The trouble is my bike (frey ex) is ultimately an MTB! You will want to ride it off-road at some point even if you're mostly planning on road riding. At those times I've found myself limited in what I can do due to the Super-Moto's....

So I've been trying to find a set of tyres that gives the best of both worlds, good off-road grip and on-road easy rolling, and I think the Johnny Watts might be a better choice, and I'll probably give these a go myself! I'm tired of having to change wheels/tyres to match my riding for that day! :D

In my research leading up to ordering the Hydra, most higher end mountain bike brands don't come with a kickstand. The Hydra does not come with one either. I do remember Pushkar mentioning that he wasn't comfortable with a kickstand from a frame integrity stand point with carbon fiber.

Back