Hurry up and wait...for my first eBike

niltohams

Just a vent post... I got all excited for my first eBike, a Juiced CCX, which was supposed to be delivered today. I even changed a hard-to-get doctor's appointment to make sure I'd be here to sign for it. I just noticed something with the FedEx tracking though. Despite living in Kansas City, MO, somehow my bike went from California to...CONNECTICUT! So now I have to wait until Tuesday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that's frustrating.

On the other hand, I had to wait three months for my CCS. Juiced was still ramping up production/distribution and did them in batch orders. I ordered in late September for a planned shipping date in November. Then they decided to re-spoke all the wheels with Sapim spokes (lots of spoke breakage with the former spokes) and that set the shipping date for the whole batch back a month. They were still pulling themselves up by the bootstraps, only doing a manufacturing run when they had the orders in hand. Those days are long gone, thank goodness. The spring of 2018 was particularly hard on buyers, loooong delays, but that was the last time. Since then, they've got bikes on hand consistently and get them out right away.

This sounds like a FedEx error, not a Juiced screw-up.

Yes. Absolutely a FedEx error. Sorry, didn't mean to imply in any way, shape, or form that it was anyone else's error. It ended up on a truck exiting the LA area unscanned and after putting in a ticket with FedEx, they found it in Connecticut later the same day it was supposed to be delivered in Kansas City.

Yes. Absolutely a FedEx error. Sorry, didn't mean to imply in any way, shape, or form that it was anyone else's error. It ended up on a truck exiting the LA area unscanned and after putting in a ticket with FedEx, they found it in Connecticut later the same day it was supposed to be delivered in Kansas City.
They say anticipation is 9/10ths of the pleasure?

Back