How well did you do in January?

Not well enough. 143 KM in "fun" rides, and about another 50 KM in errand running, or shorter jaunts (like when a grocery store 7 KM away is advertising top sirloin for $4/lb for one day only, I'm making that ride). :)

Rode my first fat tire single track snow packed trail in Jan. and had my first OTB!

Funny story....I had ZERO experience with this. I drove to the trailhead and there was a race going on.
I asked if the trails were open to the public and they said sure, just pull over for faster riders. I asked, "Why do you think I won't be in the lead?" They laughed!

I walk my bike through the parking lot, over to the trail, hopped on and fell right over! A cheer went up from the race crowd! LOL
Man I had no idea that there was a fairly steep learining curve to this type of riding. Whole new respect for the fat tire race crowd!

Not well enough. 143 KM in "fun" rides, and about another 50 KM in errand running, or shorter jaunts (like when a grocery store 7 KM away is advertising top sirloin for $4/lb for one day only, I'm making that ride). :)
I got a Traeger for Christmas! I would have made that ride as well!

Horrible numbers over here for January... just 106 miles. Cold snaps, just enough snow or sleet to keep road shoulders unsafe and paths covered, and it’s actually a very easy winter given what can happen up this way. Sleet and ice all day today, tonight and tomorrow. North of us they’re looking at up to two feet of snow in the Adirondacks by tomorrow night.

Those numbers are great Dave. Any mileage is good, especially in the Northern states.

January was tough here too, but with different challenges to you northern hemisphere folk.

Choking smoke and the associated terrible air quality combined with a few days pushing 110F to make for some surreal commutes. I was doubly glad of the motor on those weeks, and even took the drastic step of investing in a face mask off Wiggle.

Now we're seeing widespread flooding across the state so it's time to done the full wet weather gear for tomorrow!

578 miles in January according to Strava (now on 708 with Feb’s included) but some was non-assisted with my cycle club and some was indoor Zwifting during the week when it was wet and dark here in England, UK.

Does anyone else ‘Zwift’? We should do an EBR Zwift meet-up!

Here’s the last outing that I videod:

Indoor cycling counts, especially because it can sometimes be a little boring.

I was not familiar with Zwift so I turned to Google:

Zwift is a turbo trainer game that enables you to link your turbo trainer up your computer, iPad, iPhone or Apple TV, letting you ride with other cyclists in a virtual environment, therefore helping to alleviate some of the boredom associated with indoor riding.

Looks like it’s a subscription service, probably was less pricey than buying a Peleton.

Had my first ride with the snow falling today. Those old Ski goggles were hanging on a peg in the garage. I thought I had a an hour of grace, but the snow started on the ride home, Wow, that stuff stings. The last 1/4 mile I rode with one eye closed and teared up.

Going to be -18F this week. That and a torn retina repair has ended all riding for 3 weeks! Bummer! A Wattwagon crosstour is here waiting for a review. Double bummer.

I ride my bikes 7 days a week, no matter what month. It helps to live 50 miles from the Mexican border though. Moving to Tucson, Az in two weeks, and their winters are milder than here in New Mexico, but plan on being back in Florida or the Gulf Coast before next winter starts. Life is way too short to be cold.

I ride my bikes 7 days a week, no matter what month. It helps to live 50 miles from the Mexican border though. Moving to Tucson, Az in two weeks, and their winters are milder than here in New Mexico, but plan on being back in Florida or the Gulf Coast before next winter starts. Life is way too short to be cold.

True Steve, but winter sure makes you appreciate the better months. Enjoy your new riding area.

Indoor cycling counts, especially because it can sometimes be a little boring.

I was not familiar with Zwift so I turned to Google:

Zwift is a turbo trainer game that enables you to link your turbo trainer up your computer, iPad, iPhone or Apple TV, letting you ride with other cyclists in a virtual environment, therefore helping to alleviate some of the boredom associated with indoor riding.

Looks like it’s a subscription service, probably was less pricey than buying a Peleton.
I’m still deciding which platform I’m going to use (Rouvy, Zwift, RGT Cycling). Did you end up forming an EBR Zwift meet-up??

1612767177397.png

Back