How to remove speed limit on Vector?

avoleoo

Does anyone knows how to remove speed limit on Vector, bike does 20mph very easy and I'm sure it is capable of at least 25, I would like to be able to pedal at least in 23 - 25mph range.

I would also like to know this. The company talked about software upgrade in another thread but not sure if this would remove limiter

Just for future lurkers this is something to research before you buy a ridiculously limited ebike. Saying you can go faster by pedalling is like salting the wounds. -S

Just basic facts & physics; @Shea N Encinitas, no salt. Been doing this biz for 14 years, so 20mph is the US federal legal speed limit for throttle only. I totally agree that if that's not adequate, then buy an ebike with the unlimited pedal assist...but you still have to pedal to get to that higher speed! :D

What type of software is used to regulate this 20mph limit? Do these eBikes use a standard type or is it proprietary for diff companies?

What type of software is used to regulate this 20mph limit? Do these eBikes use a standard type or is it proprietary for diff companies?

There is no standard. It is up to the company whether or not they allow users to change program settings. On the Banfang C961 controller you can adjust speed, upt to 50 KPH. If you do a conversion and use a third party controller like the Cycle Analyst virtually every parameter is user adjustable.

Back