How to pick a bike for Bafang BBSHD

Adrian, those bikes were light. But in snow that wasn't compacted in the up direction, they were prime candidates for an electric kit. Mud might tell a similar story in the up direction.

what do you think of this bike?
BIKE.jpg

What do I think of that bike? Looks pretty. How much does it weigh and how much does it cost?

Hi Vladsbeat, Fatbikes are heavy and usually miserable to ride with their weight, so they are a prime candidate for the powerful HD. Bikesdirect.com is a clearing house for European overstock bikes. The prices can be 60% lower. No sales tax and free shipping to all States. MTBR.com forums shows that Bikesdirect "BD" bikes can have more scratches and even bent parts sometimes, but hay, that is worth 60% savings in my book. Many users at ElectricBikeReview have BD bikes as the base for their build. Vladsbeat, I hope you got an upgraded chainring on your order. The stock chainring is heavy and not machined to as tight a tolerance as the upgrade "bling rings". For offroad use the bling ring choices offer a lower tooth count, which is better for smooth offroad use. You can always upgrade your chainring latter if you missed doing it when ordering.
I never knew about them bikesdirect.com, thx

Back