How to multiply the life span of your batteries

eagamer80

I found this video, very interesting. I knew the fact that not charging the battery to the 100% will make it last longer (of course, with the cost of having 20% less juice on them). According to him, charging it to an 80% you can increase the lifespan of your battery almost 3 times.

I think this video is very interesting and informative. This guy seems very knowledgeable regarding e-bikes and batteries, his other videos are also recommended.

I'd say (a) good luck doing that without a charger that supports that and (b) I think quality BMS like you'll find in your Turbo battery would already charge to just short of 100%
I have done 11000km on mine and the battery has probably lost 5%

I don't think you need anything to do that. Just unplug your cable when your 4th light in the battery has started to blink. the 4th light in the battery means that it has at least 75% of charge. If you don't want to keep looking every time, just put a timer the first time to check how long it takes to reach to the 75%.

And to be frank, I always use the battery around 60% per trip to my work, so the rest I never use (and I usually go in Turbo mode). So it depends on your trip types and needs.

Back