How to disable fake channel in Mission Control?

I just got an email back from specialized rider care and they confirmed that they removed the fake channel from MC. They also said that the loss of battery level and support level in the Ride app is “a known issue” and they will work on it.
I must be on their 'shixxx" list, as they have not replied to any communications by me for over a week.

the specialized “ride” app will show you much more data from the same rides. don’t use it while riding on an eBike - it’s for reviewing after. continue to use mission control to capture the data.

if you install “ride” now you should in a few minutes see all the rides you’ve logged with mission control.
All I see in the Ride app is - under Metrics - Total activities, ride distance, total moving time, personal bests, then, under Ride Activity a bar chart showing my average distance,(or, selectable-moving time, ascent, or calories. Power - a horizontal line chart with a green dot with Average power, or max power selectable. Speed - a horizontal line chart with a blue dot with average speed or max speed selectable. Cadence - a horizontal line chart with a red dot with average cadence or max cadence selectable. And that's it. No info about battery power or rider power.
The first page shows my route and distance, moving time and ascent. No info about mode I was in.
I am not sure how useful Ride is.
So, I will be buying a GPS. Any thoughts about model, and app to use to display the data in a useful manner?

BLEvo is far more than the MC. I only use MC to tell my Vado SL, for instance, to "Discharge the Range Extender first" or set the "Stealth mode". There are very few things BLEvo cannot do it but there are far more things MC cannot do.
Stefan.... thank you for the detailed explanation of BLEvo. You and @mschwett have clarified much of what has confused me. I now understand that I should use MC to record a ride and then use Ride to view the ride data. I would think Specialized would put all of Ride's functions into MC so the user only needed one app, but, as they say, "no one asked me."

My primary interest is in capturing ride distance, elevation gain, and the now-removed battery level and support level. I've been using RideWithGPS along with MC (and Ride post-ride), and while BLEvo provides way more information, it seems to be more than I need. It's nice to know that BLEvo is there and what it does in case I decide to track more data in the future. Thanks again.

All I see in the Ride app is - under Metrics - Total activities, ride distance, total moving time, personal bests, then, under Ride Activity a bar chart showing my average distance,(or, selectable-moving time, ascent, or calories. Power - a horizontal line chart with a green dot with Average power, or max power selectable. Speed - a horizontal line chart with a blue dot with average speed or max speed selectable. Cadence - a horizontal line chart with a red dot with average cadence or max cadence selectable. And that's it. No info about battery power or rider power.
The first page shows my route and distance, moving time and ascent. No info about mode I was in.
I am not sure how useful Ride is.
So, I will be buying a GPS. Any thoughts about model, and app to use to display the data in a useful manner?
this is a selection of the screens i see in ride for an activity:

Image from iOS (41).jpgImage from iOS (40).jpgImage from iOS (42).jpg

are you definitely logged into mission control and ride, you have an account, etc? not really sure what else would cause the data to not show up. maybe send a screenshot?

If I may take a tangent….

Is there a list somewhere of what data is broadcast via ANT+ from the bike? I.e. that a Garmin or Wahoo can pick up?

(and does the bike/TCD-w pick up an ANT+ HRM?)

Thanks

I am running Ride, App version 3.7.19 (148519) on an Android smartphone running Android 9. Here is what I see when I select the History tab.
Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-29-39.png

Here is what I see when I select the Metrics tab

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-30-55.png
    Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-30-55.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-31-12.png
    Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-31-12.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-31-33.png
    Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-31-33.png
    103 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-31-47.png
    Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-31-47.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-32-04.png
    Screenshots_2022-03-29-20-32-04.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 148

Is there a list somewhere of what data is broadcast via ANT+ from the bike? I.e. that a Garmin or Wahoo can pick up?

Thanks
When I connect my garmin 130 plus to Tero with the wired mastermind display, it shows 3 sensors associated with the bike - heart rate , power and speed/cadence.

When I connect my garmin edge explore, it has an ebike sensor. This will show assist level ( just 1, 3, 5 corresponding to eco/trail/turbo but not microtune display capable), ebike battery level and cadence. Also a display for lights but I think that is for non-specialized type bikes. The Edge Explore does not have a power sensor. You can get an IQ plugin to display power - tho the Mastermind is much better for this since it can display rider/motor(electrical)/motor(mechanical)/total power ( i think elec+ rider).

Thanks
Here's what Wahoo writes about the e-bike compatibility, with the special stress on Specialized:
  • Current speed
  • Distance traveled
  • Remaining battery life and range (the latter for Giant e-bikes and probably the Specialized MasterMind ones)
  • Current assistive mode information
  • Charge Cycle Count
  • Reported motor errors
  • Total Consumption (Specialized e-bikes)
  • Average Support Level (Specialized e-bikes)
It looks that Wahoo forgot about these fields that I'm solely taking from the E-Bike Sensor:
  • Rider Power (I use the 3 s average power)
  • Rider Cadence
All these data are e-bike related. There are three LEV (Light Electric Vehicle) fields specifically named LEV:
  • LEV Travel mode (like OFF, ECO, SPORT, TURBO, SMART)
  • LEV Battery (as different from the device's battery)
  • LEV Range (it does not work on my Vados but is works on a Giant e-bike)
Here's my practical selection:
1648606402348.png

such as Ebike Edge Multifield or the Ebike applications by Jan Cepek
The beauty of newer Garmin Edge computers is they only need to connect to a single E-Bike Sensor, and any third-party Data Fields are not necessary and confusing. My brother who rides a Giant e-bike and owns an Edge 530 has deleted the E-Bike Multifield, and has just composed his data screen from available Garmin fields that include e-bike specific data, same as Wahoo.

Last edited:
Here's what Wahoo writes about the e-bike compatibility, with the special stress on Specialized:
  • Current speed
  • Distance traveled
  • Remaining battery life and range (the latter for Giant e-bikes and probably the Specialized MasterMind ones)
  • Current assistive mode information
  • Charge Cycle Count
  • Reported motor errors
  • Total Consumption (Specialized e-bikes)
  • Average Support Level (Specialized e-bikes)
It looks that Wahoo forgot about these fields that I'm solely taking from the E-Bike Sensor:
  • Rider Power (I use the 3 s average power)
  • Rider Cadence
All these data are e-bike related. There are three LEV (Light Electric Vehicle) fields specifically named LEV:
  • LEV Travel mode (like OFF, ECO, SPORT, TURBO, SMART)
  • LEV Battery (as different from the device's battery)
  • LEV Range (it does not work on my Vados but is works on a Giant e-bike)
Here's my practical selection:
View attachment 118322

Many thanks for the detailed info. Looks like most of those fields map to similar fields on the Garmin 830.

My main hope is to capture rider power output vs bike input, as well as the usual speed/cadence/distance/etc stuff, and while it seems there's not a quantitative figure for bike input that's okay; assist mode should be sufficient for me. I guess I've just always been a data geek - I was using an audio interface to upload Polar RS200SD running watch data fifteen years ago. :)

It is reassuring to see that I ought to be able to easily get all the data I care for - and without really doing anything different from my non-e bikes.

Thank you.

Many thanks for the detailed info. Looks like most of those fields map to similar fields on the Garmin 830.

My main hope is to capture rider power output vs bike input, as well as the usual speed/cadence/distance/etc stuff, and while it seems there's not a quantitative figure for bike input that's okay; assist mode should be sufficient for me. I guess I've just always been a data geek - I was using an audio interface to upload Polar RS200SD running watch data fifteen years ago. :)

It is reassuring to see that I ought to be able to easily get all the data I care for - and without really doing anything different from my non-e bikes.

Thank you.
This even more exciting for me!
I use the same Wahoo ELEMNT for Vado and Vado SL, and I do need not to change anything: the bike computer will connect to the nearest of my e-bikes that is ON, and will work transparently for me. Not that the device is without any glitches. For instance, it is typically reporting a weird Max Speed to Strava even if the Max Speed value on the device itself is correct. Having said that, BLEvo is much more cultured (but you cannot use BLEvo on your e-bike).

but the "time in assist mode" chart is broken and the "battery and support" fields under "ride details" are missing. when i look at older rides, that data is still there, and the chart still works.
I did a ride this morning, recording it in both MC and RideWithGPS, just like I have done every other ride. For some reason I can't explain, BATTERY AND SUPPORT and TIME IN ASSIST MODE are displaying in Ride today. The ride I did yesterday, recorded in exactly the same way, did not show with of those in Ride. Weird! I have no confidence that the next ride will properly display those two data fields, but fingers are crossed. (Like @mschwett much older rides do display these fields.)

I did a ride this morning, recording it in both MC and RideWithGPS, just like I have done every other ride. For some reason I can't explain, BATTERY AND SUPPORT and TIME IN ASSIST MODE are displaying in Ride today. The ride I did yesterday, recorded in exactly the same way, did not show with of those in Ride. Weird! I have no confidence that the next ride will properly display those two data fields, but fingers are crossed. (Like @mschwett much older rides do display these fields.)
given that the data goes from MC up to specialized's cloud and then back to Ride, it's entirely possible that they fixed it, or are fixing it, or it's an intermittent bug caused by something on their end.

they don't say anywhere where the ride data is stored, but the fact that old rides show up on a device which (in my case) never had mission control on it strongly suggests that ride is getting the data directly from some specialized cloud source.

the fact that old rides show up on a device which (in my case) never had mission control on it
I agree with everything you said. The data must be stored on a Specialized server since it can be accessed via MC, Ride and the ride.specialized.com website. I have looked at ride data (recorded on MC) on the website without having opened Ride on my phone--so MC sends data to the cloud. I'm assuming a ride must be recorded on either MC or Ride in order to get the data to the Specialized cloud server. I recently recorded a ride in BOTH MC and Ride. When I looked at the Ride app and at the website, the ride showed up twice, once for the MC recording and once for the Ride recording. Clearly, one should not record a ride on both apps. I also tried recording a ride ONLY using Ride, and that data did show up on the website, confirming that both MC and Ride can collect data and send it to the cloud. However, Ride does not record as much data as MC. So, once again, the best workflow is to record with MC and view with Ride (unless, of course, one uses BLEvo or another ride recording app).

I hope you are right that the missing data points disappearing and reappearing is a problem on the Specialized server, because then they can fix it without app updates.

I used MC on my ride yesterday and Ride did show battery level and the time in assist modes chart again. Seems like the IT techs at Specialized did sort out the problem. I’m glad to have that data back. I had asked Ride tech support a few months ago if they would add more ebike data functions in future updates but the reply was that Ride is intended for their smart helmets and they weren’t going to expand it.

Back