Motor tuning modes in new Specialized app

Frankly I still find that section very confusing! :eek:

In their animation they show Universal, Battery Friendly, and Racing--and they show single dots for Eco, Trail, and Turbo moving around as the 3 aforementioned tabs are alternating. But as we know, each mode has two settings, Ease and Motor Power.

Plus, what is this business about a "fourth" preset?

My prior assumption was that essentially you can customize 9 presets:
You have Eco, Trail, and Turbo--which while riding you can quickly jump to with your thumb. (And each of those can have any combo of Ease and Motor Power preset.)
Then you have Universal, Battery Friendly, and Racing--screens for which you can set up combos for each of the Eco, Trail, and Turbo settings.
3 x 3 = 9.

Thus I find what they wrote confusing.

And whoever wrote the sentence "Tapping a selected preset will deselect it and change all settings back to the custom values." should win the word-salad award for the day!
Trying to translate: "Tapping" means selecting, so selecting will deselect?! And that will change your settings back to "custom values?" Whose custom values? Yours or the bike's default values? Since when are default values called "custom?" o_O
Once you move the dots they become a fourth custom setting. For me the confusing part was getting back to the custom setting when I was in a default mode. I discovered by accident that if you are, for example in the default Battery Friendly mode, that will be highlighted since it is selected. To get back to your custom mode without having to move all the dots again you press the Battery Friendly mode that is already selected and highlighted. That turns Battery Friendly mode off. At that point none of the default modes will be selected or highlighted and you will be in custom mode. Not exactly intuitive to press a mode that is selected to deselect it but easy once you understand that’s how it works.

Once you move the dots they become a fourth custom setting. For me the confusing part was getting back to the custom setting when I was in a default mode. I discovered by accident that if you are, for example in the default Battery Friendly mode, that will be highlighted since it is selected. To get back to your custom mode without having to move all the dots again you press the Battery Friendly mode that is already selected and highlighted. That turns Battery Friendly mode off. At that point none of the default modes will be selected or highlighted and you will be in custom mode. Not exactly intuitive to press a mode that is selected to deselect it but easy once you understand that’s how it works.
BEST EXPLANATION YET! A thousand thanks.
But whoever designed that part of the interface really ought…—well I’ll stop there. 🙀

Back