How do you clean your Stromer ?

elbikefun

I have been relatively "active" on this forum; after discovering it about a week ago.

I am determined to invest in a nice ebike real soon; and as now; hold a Stromer ST2 (s) or a Grace One as hot candidates.
There are pros and cons and ambivalence going on; making my decission difficult. While I am in the thinking-box; I trye to prepare myself for my coming ownership.
Investing this kind of money in a bike; I will need to take good care of it. So cleaning& maintainance-habits are on my mind now:

Whats your procedures when cleaning/ washing your Stromer ?

We are talking cleaning of a bike; dirty after use on dirt-roads and rainy weather, so the bike is pitted with dirt-stain.

In which extent do you use water/ soap ? Spounge ? rags ?

When I during life have washed my bikes; I have done the same thing as washing my cars; used spounge, car-soap and rags. Oiled the chain & odd places& wire-hoses. I feel I might refine my methods on a e-bike ;-)

Your feedback & shared experiences are appreciated :)

If it's a decent ebike it should be water resistant at the very least, so soap, water and rags should be fine. Just be careful using pressure washers or high pressure hoses as they may force water through seals and gromits into places you wouldn't want water.

The ebike depicted in the link has front and rear shocks, clearly meant for off road riding, and no surprise it is caked with mud. Even if I equipped my ST2 with front shocks, I wouldn't ride it like that. It would be like taking a Tesla for a spin through a muddy obstacle course. I would take my mountain bike instead. My storm trooper white ST2 serves principally as a commuting street bike, which sees plenty of dirty spray from the road in the rain. After any wet ride, I use water and a rag to clean it, and a dab of goo gone to wipe off any grease or oil. I have never needed to hose down my Stromer. If you are using any cleaners, make sure they are safe for rubber and synthetics. There are website instructions for the proper cleaning of chains and derailleurs.

I own a St1 Platinum and wash it when needed. I lightly go over it with a hose nozzle on shower mode, and then use a soft car mitt with a little car soap in a bucket. I'm careful not to soak any electrical areas too much, and overall don't get it too wet. I wipe down everything good with a towel and oil the chain and Derailleurs. Just don't take it to a car wash with a high pressure hose.

Thanks for your imputs, guys.

May sound like a banality to some; but isn`t to me :) Spending the sum equivalen to a nice used car or a new motorcycle; I will be sure to take good care of it ;-)

Thanks for your imputs, guys.

May sound like a banality to some; but isn`t to me :) Spending the sum equivalen to a nice used car or a new motorcycle; I will be sure to take good care of it ;-)
I wash mine every year or so. ;)

Saw that video early er today. A sound advice from the video; to remove the battery and insert av dry rag/cloth into the batterycompartment; protecting the connectionpoints.

Last edited:
Back