How did you name your e-bike?

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland
I had a hard time to give a name to my satin-grey Turbo Vado. A friend of mine suggested Knight Rider. Nice name but too long. I decided on Śmigacz (English: Zoomer) because it lets me zoom around the neighbourhood :)

The other one, the Lovelec Diadem was easier to get a name. Pity the pun is untranslatable to English. Lovelec is for Love-Electric. I gave the e-bike the name of Lowelek and it is a deep pun in Polish. "Rowerek" means "a kid's bike, a small bike" and it is pronounced the children way, before a Polish kid can pronounce our famous rolling r's :D So, Lowelek is a kid's bike as pronounced by a little child!

Yours?

NameYerBike.jpg

I have two ebikes so I need two names.

Since the class 3 Vado is a heavier and more aggressive than the Trek class 1, I simply refer to the Vado as "The Big Guy".

The class 1 Trek is lighter at 45 lbs, only 50 nm of torque, and is bright shiny silver. Haven't decided on an official name. It's a great group ride bike due to its more gentle nature. Still thinking.

If I could train one to clean its room, I'd buy a horse. One of those Icelandic horses that follows you around like a dog and likes to sleep next to your bed. They are about my size, too. I was eating my lunch standing up at the Icelandic horse congress, and one of them came to me & stood next to me watching my back for wolves.

If I could train one to clean its room, I'd buy a horse. One of those Icelandic horses that follows you around like a dog and likes to sleep next to your bed. They are about my size, too. I was eating my lunch standing up at the Icelandic horse congress, and one of them came to me & stood next to me watching my back for wolves.
Jo, Worked with horses a lot when I was young from duding tourists on mountain trails to being a nanny for 20 high strung
thoroughbreds. Mares pee in the corner of a stall, males pee in the center. I hope that's helpful when you install a floor drain.:rolleyes:

Juiced CCS = Sparktacus - A reference to Fabian Cancellara and him being so fast that he was accused of using a hidden electric motor. His nickname in the Peleton is Spartacus, the Spark part is a reference to the bike actually being electric.

Creo SL E5 = Chrissy Hynde - The bike lets me ride with friends who are road racers so it let's me pretend I'm a road racer as well and well she was the lead singer of the Pretenders.

I am descended from pioneer Scandihoovian cowboys who came here from Norway and Sweden too late to find good land in Minnesoda so they kept going west. They ranched and would go catch wild horses for extra money. They posed for one of those old timey pictures in their finest clothes along with those hairy chaps. Wish I had the photo, but I don't. So, my bikes are all named Snuffy. As in the cowboy song, When I die, take my saddle from the wall, saddle up Snuffy and lead him from the stall.....

Snuffy it is.

Juiced CCS = Sparktacus - A reference to Fabian Cancellara and him being so fast that he was accused of using a hidden electric motor. His nickname in the Peleton is Spartacus, the Spark part is a reference to the bike actually being electric.

Creo SL E5 = Chrissy Hynde - The bike lets me ride with friends who are road racers so it let's me pretend I'm a road racer as well and well she was the lead singer of the Pretenders.
Good names! I am a fan of Ms. Hynde myself.

Meanwhile, I renamed the Lovelec to Good Ole Mule 🤣

I named my bike but where will it end? After my home applicances found out I had to give them names too. I named by toaster 'Betty buttered Bottom' and my shaver 'Close Cut Sally'. I even named my electric tooth brush 'Bristles McTooth'.
Now the coffee maker, bread maker, Crock pot, and kettle all want their own names and I'm sure my fridge, stove, dish washer and microwaved won't be far behind.
What have I started? :eek:

Back