Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE2 and Radwagon

Rjbur

I was told this was the one to get for the

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch_Bike_Racks/Hollywood_Racks/HR1450E.html

I have two Radwagons and two of them DO NOT fit???

The lower cargo platforms rub against the other bikes front axel! The outer bike cannot even stand upright so I cannot bring down the center support on the rack.

I had to remove one of the lower cargo platforms off each bike. The ones that face the opposing bike. Then the rack can handle two Radwagons.

Am I doing something wrong???

If I have to keep removing and reattaching these lower boards I don’t know how long the pre treaded bolt holes on the rear will last. And trying to get those nuts on the two front bolts...

Wow... I asked Rad Power Bikes for help and since I did not purchase it from them they refused to help. Told me to contact Hollywood Racks...

Now that’s NOT customer service.

I have sent a message to Hollywood since Rad was no help.

Did I get the same one Rad sells or does Hollywood make a special Rad only version??

Sounds like Rad wants no involvement so they can not be held accountable if things go south and the outcome is unsatisfactory. Look before you leap.
Hopefully Hollywood will offer some sound advice. Good Luck!

Received another non commital answer from Rad to a point blank question....

I asked if Hollywood made a special model of the rack for Rad alone and all I was sent was the link to the RAD web page that shows the Hollywood Rack. Problem is, it does not show show the actual Model Number...

https://www.radpowerbikes.com/colle...od-racks-ebike-hitch-rack?variant=22643949441

It does say that the standard should fit two Radwagons

2x standard tires: Will fit (2) RadWagons OR (2) RadCitys OR (1) RadWagon and (1) RadCity

I have that Hollywood rack and one RadRover, so no problem. I'm pretty sure there are different models with different sized wheel hoops. I think that's the only difference. I guess you know that you can move the front bike all the way to the left and the back bike all the way to the right by moving the wheel hoops. That's the only thing I can think of that might help, other than contacting e-trailer, if that's where you got it. They are very knowledgeable and generally very helpful.

TT

I have that Hollywood rack and one RadRover, so no problem. I'm pretty sure there are different models with different sized wheel hoops. I think that's the only difference. I guess you know that you can move the front bike all the way to the left and the back bike all the way to the right by moving the wheel hoops. That's the only thing I can think of that might help, other than contacting e-trailer, if that's where you got it. They are very knowledgeable and generally very helpful.

TT

Even if I seperate them far left and right the lower cargo platform is so wide it would still hit the front axel of the other bike.

I have a request into Hollywood about this... I put the link to Rad’s Hollywood Rack in the Request.

It’s just a bit frustrating that the Rad support person cannot answer a question that should be easy to answer. I told them the model I purchased and ask if the one they sell is a different model and possibly special to Rad. All they did was point me to their page for the rack that has NO model number. I purchased two Radwagons and a bunch of accessories and they can’t answer if there rack is or is not different.

Let’s assume I find out it IS a different version that is NOT sold on the Hollywood Rack site, but only on the Rad site... Then if they would only say this on the Rad site I would have purchased it from them rather than eTrailer.com. It would probably save a lot of people frustration.....

I’m betting there are special versions of the lower tire supports that seperate the bikes a little more that Hollywood made for Rad... if I remember right the Hollywood site only gives you two options, fat tire or standard tire, and not a wide bike option...

UPDATE... I NEED TO SAY SORRY TO RAD... My Bad... I just read a model number on the video they have on their page. HR1450Y-E

That’s the SAME as this one on the Hollywood site:

https://hollywoodracks.com/collecti...-electric-bike-hitch-rack?variant=15862468102

Now I have a message into eTrailer about what exactly did I buy.... they claim it’s the eBike 80lb version.

WOW do I feel bad... My apologies to Rad... still wish the support person would have replied with the model number instead of my finding it in the video....

Last edited:
I don't think there is a wide bike option; just wheel hoops for regular tires or for fat tires. Regardless of the hoops, they are going to be the same distance apart on center, so that doesn't matter for your issue. There would probably have to be different hooks too on the vertical bar to hold the bikes down, but farther apart.

It looks like you got the right rack -- the one not for fat tires. If it's going to work at all, I think your only option with the rack is to move one bike right and the other left by moving the wheel hoops. One other option would be to try turning the bikes around. If the front one is facing right, turn it around so it faces left. Same but opposite with the rear bike.

TT

So it has been confirmed by eTrailer that I indeed purchased the HR1450Y-E shown on the Hollywood site and the video on Rad’s page. So now I will reply to the support person with a simple question asking if there’s is the same one?

Richard,

Thank you for the clarification.

The SKU number for the item you ordered is HR1450Y-E, confirmed to be 80lbs per Ebike.

So it has been confirmed by eTrailer that I indeed purchased the HR1450Y-E shown on the Hollywood site and the video on Rad’s page. So now I will reply to the support person with a simple question asking if there’s is the same one?

Update....

I have the same rack and it seems that Rad has never actually tried to place two Radwagons on this rack. As Hollywood said, we have to remove the inward facing rear footrests for two Radwagon to fit.

Actually if even one Radwagon and any other bike is to fit as the rear footrest bumps into the bike in the other rack position and thus the Radwagon will not come to rest on the rack at a straight up position and thus the hook that slides down in the center cannot hold the Radwagon in place.

Hollywood said they may look into a solution for this but they need to understand the market need for this. Is there a demand to justify. I told them they should contact Rad as they may have the numbers Hollywood is looking for.

I should add: When I try to put both my RadWagon and a standard road bike on the Hollywood rack, it just fits but the front tire of the standard bike slightly rubs the RadWagon's footrest bumps (put a bunch of electrical tape on the Rad to prevent the paint getting marred). I don't think a bike with anything bigger than road bike wheels would work.

I was planning to get a RadMini for my wife but now I'm not sure because I don't know how I'd carry them both (if I did not want to put one in the car).

Is there any way to modify the footrest to fold upward?

Not without welding experience. There’s two screws near front and two on a clamp near rear. I have to remove the inward facing footrest on both bikes and then there’s no issue fitting in the rack. See picture...

D2C153E2-0423-4005-8546-95576C0ACB3D.jpeg

Not without welding experience. There’s two screws near front and two on a clamp near rear. I have to remove the inward facing footrest on both bikes and then there’s no issue fitting in the rack. See picture...
Hmm wonder if a suggestion for a redesign of those parts is in order. Would make sense that you would want to fold them up when you put the bike on a rack. (even if it is 70 lbs)

Back