Higher capacity batteries from Reention

-sandro-

As you might already know the battery used on the NCMs (Moscow and Milano at least) are made by Reention - Dorado. I noticed they're sold directly in Aliexpress with various capacities, up to 21Ah.
They even make 52V models, I'm not sure if they will work anyway.
Has anyone tried those? Seems like these are made in China from this company so I don't think they're some kind of knock offs...
I'm not sure it they're cheaper compared to a custom re-cell of the batteries from a local shop, honestly.

As you might already know the battery used on the NCMs (Moscow and Milano at least) are made by Reention - Dorado. I noticed they're sold directly in Aliexpress with various capacities, up to 21Ah.
They even make 52V models, I'm not sure if they will work anyway.
Has anyone tried those? Seems like these are made in China from this company so I don't think they're some kind of knock offs...
I'm not sure it they're cheaper compared to a custom re-cell of the batteries from a local shop, honestly.
Hi Sandro,
Thanks for the battery information. Leon the agent for NCM in UK have allegedly finished trading so I'm looking for a supplier for the 48v 13amp Venice battery.
Could you provide a long as I'm not finding the item on aliexpress yet.
Thanks
Tony

Really? Where should you buy it if not directly from the bike manufacturer?
And why would the manufacturer sell something that can degrade performance?

Anyway don't you think these battery packs in general have a poor cycles rating?
It says that after 500 cycles the capacity will be above 60%. That's kind of poor for lithium cells.

I've never heard of it, what's cool about the Grin Satitator?

I'm referring to the seller of NCM, you said that you shouldn't get that battery because it has a low output current. Why would they sell something that changes che perfomance of their own bike? I think it's a mistake in the specs...

Thanks!!! So basically NCM could actually make their own batteries and use just the Reention case?
Doubtful they do, typically batteries are done by a battery building company. Not the eBike OEM.

DLG, lots of generic cells used in their packs. The brand name means nothing if it's an inappropriate use of a computer power supply cell rather than an appropriate eBike cell.

Don't cells usually keep 80% of capacity after 500 cycles? 60% seems pretty steep.

Anyway has anyone tried to buy them from AliExpress?

AliExpress?
Aliexpress is NOT a battery builder. It's nothing more than a Chinese eBay. Thousands of vendors under one URL. Many of us have been through the adventure long before you discovered eBikes. Many here offer good advice, best you take it and not second guess. Been there done that...

I bought this battery almost one year ago:

It works perfectly. Lasts a lot longer and fits perfectly on my moscow+ 48v.
When I bought it they did not show the ncm moscow picture, so I had to research and ask a lot to be sure it would work xD

Cheers!

Last edited:
Aliexpress is NOT a battery builder. It's nothing more than a Chinese eBay. Thousands of vendors under one URL. Many of us have been through the adventure long before you discovered eBikes. Many here offer good advice, best you take it and not second guess. Been there done that...

I'm sorry but when did I say that Aliexpress is a battery builder? I'm well aware of what Aliexpress is and isn't. And I didn't see anyone on this thread advising where to get batteries.

I bought this battery almost one year ago:

It works perfectly. Lasts a lot longer and fits perfectly on my moscow+ 48v.
When I bought it they did not show the ncm moscow picture, so I had to research and ask a lot to be sure it would work xD

Cheers!

Hey! What capacity did you get? Also, did you pay import duties?

When I bought it the max available capacity was 17,5Ah (now you hace 21Ah for the same price :D). I asked the seller to not pay for import duties and he told me that they ship to their internal europe carrier and then it came to my house by DHL. No import duties guaranteed!

To be honest it was not totally necessary, but sometimes I would like to have more range. This was the main reason. The trigger was that the led lights on the original battery (the ones that tell you the battery level) stopped working and Leon Cycle told me that they would not cover that failure because the battery worked correctly. So I sold the battery to someone that did not need the led lights on the battery itself and upgrade to 17,5Ah.

Now I can ride a whole day on the mountain and the battery is always > 40% when at home :D

Back