Hi, nice to meet you all.!

Steve007

Region
USA
Hello to all:

I moved from Manhattan NYC to WV last spring and have no car, so I bought an E-bike to get around here.
I wanted a stealth e-bike to keep things under the radar with the rampant local bike thieves community here.
Even with my stealth e-bike just parking it and chaining it up in the parking lot of Krogers for 10 minutes, I had a guy eyeballing it when I came out and he was a real shady and nervous type when he saw me coming to unlock my bike.

I purchased a Roadster v2 from Ride1up.
Roadster v2 is a fine minimalist stealth e-bike, but I learned that it just doesn't have the range I need to get fit and ride worry free.
Always worried about being 10 miles out in the giant hills of WV and running out of juice.
So to fix this range issue I just ordered an external 2nd battery (375.00) from ride1up.
Haven't received it yet, it's on back-order, but I have enclosed a photo of what the Roadster V2 will look like with it attached.
Still pretty stealthy in my opinion and I will remove the battery and put it in my backpack on the rare occasions I lock my bike up.

I have one issue I'm trying to resolve with the Roadster v2.
My right foot is severely arthritic and prone to stress fractures and overuse injuries.
So for long trips I would like the option of being able to install a thumb throttle on the Roadster v2.
Online I can't find any resources about how to install a thumb throttle on the Roadster, not sure if its 36V 15A Landian Sinewave controller is wired for a throttle, or if I need to swap the controller for another model.
This is the issue I was Googling when I came upon this forum.
Nice to meet you all!

😊

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...miling-eyes/&usg=AOvVaw2RJQL-Y_mkq1Seme4_RwAX

Attachments

• e61e7.jpg
    e61e7.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 161
  • yyy.png
    yyy.png
    648.9 KB · Views: 172
Back