Hi from southern Spain

buffalowind

I bought my first eBike about 2 weeks ago. A Cube Hybrid Race 500. I've done about 150 Kms so far. I think I have been waiting for a bike like this. The area here is mountainous, but there is no holding me back now I can manage to actually climb the hills. What a fantastic tool!!! I'm loving it!!

Hi Ann. The terrain is dry, rocky and dusty. There are lots of tracks as the areas are farmed on the lowlands and they irrigate and grow mangoes, avocados, olives and grapes on the hills. The population is very spread out, so tracks everywhere to service the houses, farms and communities. There are also lots of mule (single) tracks as they still use mules to get the crops from the mountainsides to the roads.
Thanks for your welcome. Glad I found this forum :)

UPDATE:
I've done over 400 kms now. I've not ridden a hardtail for about 8 years. BOY, does it hurt!! Looking for a suspension seat post now :). After a 60+ km ride, I can't sit on the saddle for 2-3 days.
I recently bought a Cloud 9 saddle. Works well and way less expensive than a suspension seat post.

hello

You can buy a cycling pants that has an adhesive the size of a saddle that is made of gel.

It is for cyclists who are many hours on the bike

greetings from Galicia (Galaecia)

Hola.
Tu puedes comprar un pantalon de ciclismo que trae un adhesivo del tamaño de un sillin que esta hecho de gel.
Esta hecho para ciclistas que estan muchas horas en la bicicleta.

Saludos desde Galicia (Galaecia)

SP12 NCX Seatpost
Thanks for the recommendation AguassissiM. This looks like a better bet for me than the Thudbuster LT that I was looking at previosly.I have been looking to buy, but no one has it in the correct size for my bike, at the moment. I will keep looking.
Thanks again
Steve

Steve, Bienvenido! There seems to be agreement by most that the best seat suspension is one made in my current hometown, Bellingham, Washington. It is the Body Float by Kinnect. It uses springs of varying strength depending on your body weight. Next best thing to full suspension. https://cirruscycles.com/
comp.jpg

hello

You can buy a cycling pants that has an adhesive the size of a saddle that is made of gel.

It is for cyclists who are many hours on the bike

greetings from Galicia (Galaecia)

Hola.
Tu puedes comprar un pantalon de ciclismo que trae un adhesivo del tamaño de un sillin que esta hecho de gel.
Esta hecho para ciclistas que estan muchas horas en la bicicleta.

Saludos desde Galicia (Galaecia)

Hi Manu. Thanks for the information. I will look for these when I go to the UK in a couple of weeks.
Regards
Steve
Steve, Bienvenido! There seems to be agreement by most that the best seat suspension is one made in my current hometown, Bellingham, Washington. It is the Body Float by Kinnect. It uses springs of varying strength depending on your body weight. Next best thing to full suspension. https://cirruscycles.com/
View attachment 22689

Hi Alaskan
I thank you for your response
That's a great looking piece of kit. Sadly, it's WAY outside of my pocket.
Regards
Steve

Thanks for all the responses. I have ordered the Suntour seatpost from eBay. I agree that looking at the specs and writeups, that the BodyFloat is probably the best unit, but I cannot stretch to that after purchasing the bike. Will see how the Suntour unit behaves next week. Thanks again. Great forum!!

Back