Help! Throttle & PAS not working

fibag21

Region
Canada
Hi,

My daughter has an old Ecolocycle ebke MAX (500 W - 36V 10am/hr). Just before the winter, the display stopped functioning so during the winter (long one here in Quebec) I ordered a new display + controller + PAS + throttle (Boluse's LCD-S866_2).

I could check that the battery provides power, however after having connected everything I could, neither the throttle nor the PAS do work. Moving the wheel with the hand and pressing the throttle actually stops the wheel and pedaling does nothing.

Tried every possible setting on the LCD without change. I must add that the e-bike does not have ebrakes while the controller has ebrake connections.

Motor is DAPU M123R3615. No idea on the number of magnets however.

Any hint / idea ?

The components that you ordered. Were they from the bike maker? Or did you select them on your own off the internet. If you did that, did you buy them as part of a working combination, or was it ala carte for each item.
Displays and controllers usually have to be bought as a pair, unless you know the products will work together. Also helps to buy the throttle and PAS from same seller, so you know they have the right connector,
S866 sounds like a display used with a brainpower controller. Those usually have a learning function and a learning circuit, which is two wires that connect to other. You power up a brainpower controller the first time with the two wires connected. The wheel spins once,. Then you break the jumper and never touch it again, The next time you power it up, it should run,
I've had mixed results with brainpower gear. One worked. One didn't,

The components that you ordered. Were they from the bike maker? Or did you select them on your own off the internet. If you did that, did you buy them as part of a working combination, or was it ala carte for each item.
Displays and controllers usually have to be bought as a pair, unless you know the products will work together. Also helps to buy the throttle and PAS from same seller, so you know they have the right connector,
S866 sounds like a display used with a brainpower controller. Those usually have a learning function and a learning circuit, which is two wires that connect to other. You power up a brainpower controller the first time with the two wires connected. The wheel spins once,. Then you break the jumper and never touch it again, The next time you power it up, it should run,
I've had mixed results with brainpower gear. One worked. One didn't,
Unfortunately, the bike maker does not provide components for bike older than 5 years. So I ordered the display+controller item, the PAS and the throttle from the same provider on AliExpress. So they should be able to function together. Here is a link to a short video that shows what is hapening https://photos.app.goo.gl/JFfeZ5dJHGu8ifG59

Hi. OK, it seems that the issue is the controller I had ordered : it needs a Hall Sensor while the motor is sensorless. I'll be ordering a new controller. Could you vise me on the required amps ? The motor is 500W (36 V x 15 A = 500 W). So a 17 Amps controller should be enough, right ?
Thanks

Back