Help me choose a high quality bike with range, comfort, speed, newer motor, and versatility

Didn't know. I drop my ass off the saddle at the intersections.
It's similar to buying a luxury 4x4 SUV and opting for the expensive magic height adjustment package, not in order to traverse impossibly difficult terrain but to make getting in or out at home a touch more elegant!

I wouldn't be without my dropper post on the Homage.

It's similar to buying a luxury 4x4 SUV and opting for the expensive magic height adjustment package, not in order to traverse impossibly difficult terrain but to make getting in or out at home a touch more elegant!

I wouldn't be without my dropper post on the Homage.
Quite enlightening. David. It reminds me -- by analogy -- the hydropneumatic suspension first used by Citroen. Giving you that hint of luxury. However, does it help you when your rear carrier is loaded? I mean, getting on and off?

Does it help you when your rear carrier is loaded? I mean, getting on and off?
No, I haven't noticed the drop in saddle height caused by packing too comprehensive a lunch in the panniers.

Sometimes I kid myself that the back tyre is a bit soft; it's just the plushness of R&M's Control Technology. (This is a 'subtle' hint to our OP to consider an R&M Delite or Homage rather than a Charger.)

I use the PNW Coast internally routed suspension dropper post on my Delight Mountain. It has an adjustable pneumatic cartridge for added comfort.

Note that the 2019 R&M Delite GX I test rode came with a dropper post standard. However, I recall that there had to be pressure on the pedals in order for the post to operate. I don't recall specifically if that requirement was for lowering as well as raising the post, but it did strike me as a "safety" feature that significantly reduced the usability of the dropper post.

Which to my view fits in with how these bikes are designed. Don't get me wrong - they're super well designed and constructed, but the company is draconian in terms of safety versus usability. It's like why German cars in the 1980s didn't have cup holders "When you drive the Autobahn at 100mph you don't reach for the coffee cup."

And so while I appreciated the design and quality, and could tolerate the price, in the end I went with a different way.

No connection between the dropper post & the pedals other than the facts that you have to stand up for the seat to pop up. It lifts itself quickly but does not lift you as well.

No connection between the dropper post & the pedals other than the facts that you have to stand up for the seat to pop up. It lifts itself quickly but does not lift you as well.

That was not my experience. There had to be pressure on the pedals for the dropper post to activate. Confirmed by the salesperson at The New Wheel.

No, I haven't noticed the drop in saddle height caused by packing too comprehensive a lunch in the panniers.

Sometimes I kid myself that the back tyre is a bit soft; it's just the plushness of R&M's Control Technology. (This is a 'subtle' hint to our OP to consider an R&M Delite or Homage rather than a Charger.)
I am considering a demo Homage for 6600 with the dual battery at the New Wheel. I’ve never ridden a full suspension bike. I may give it a spin this weekend.

so I tested the homage and frankly didn’t feel as “comfortable” as a more rigid supercharger with the thudbuster post. Pretty close to pulling the trigger as it feels pretty dreamy. For dirt paths and a few bumps now and then I’d rather have the two integrated batteries. The step thru on the homage is compromised with the additional battery (or even the casing with no battery ) in the way.

@wallrich525 pull the trigger! Can't wait and I'm already jealous!
I have never ridden a fully suspended bike so I shall remain silent but my observation is a speed e-bike should be rigid. I'm in love in my 2017 Vado 5 which has a rigid fork and behaves like a dream both on the road and in rural fields.

That was not my experience. There had to be pressure on the pedals for the dropper post to activate. Confirmed by the salesperson at The New Wheel.
Please explain. When you say "activate" is that to raise or lower it. The only physical connection from the pedals to the dropper post is the rider. If you push the button while in the up position, sitting on the saddle, it drops, regardless of where your feet are. If you push the button while it is in the down position, it will pop right up so long as you are not sitting on the saddle. Typically to take the rider's weight off the saddle, one stands up on the pedals as the post's lift action is not sufficiently strong to lift the rider. Sometimes I get off the bike without dropping the post. If I push the lever and push down with my hand, the seat drops and my feet are nowhere near the pedals.

Please explain. When you say "activate" is that to raise or lower it.

Sorry, I don't recall which direction was constrained - it's been several months since my test ride.

If you push the button while it is in the down position, it will pop right up so long as you are not sitting on the saddle. Typically to take the rider's weight off the saddle, one stands up on the pedals as the post's lift action is not sufficiently strong to lift the rider. Sometimes I get off the bike without dropping the post. If I push the lever and push down with my hand, the seat drops and my feet are nowhere near the pedals.

That was not my experience on the 2019 R&M Delite with Gates Belt, E-14 Rohloff, Fox suspension upgrade. It was weird, yes. The salesperson told me I had to have weight on the pedals and yes, that did the trick.

I had never heard of such a thing before, nor since, so I understand your querying of my statements. And knowing how droppers work with cables, I don't know how they'd even get an interlock of this sort in place, so that would mean the post was probably electronic, but those are typically wireless so that wouldn't make sense either.

Maybe this was something unique, maybe I was in a haze, maybe I'm recalling incorrectly. I'm willing to chalk it up to one of those if no-one else here has ever experienced such a thing.

Back