Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations

MAPC

Does anyone have any recommendations for heart rate monitors that connect well to Mission Control? I am not a very active fitness guy so have never really used one. What is best/easiest solution? A watch? Something else?

I look for your suggestions-

I use a watch. My youngest sons use ANT compatible strap on sensors with phone apps...

I've used both Suunto and Polar heart rate monitors.

TL;DR; The Polar has better battery life and software (actually really impressive software), while the Suunto watches have GPS features as well that may be useful to you, but their software isn't as good and the battery life is sometimes terrible. Both of them require you wear a strap on sensor.

I've always used these standalone and never tried to integrate them with anything else (like an e-bike or a GPS or a power meter). Some people seem to find the integration easy-peasy but some people never get them to work at all.

Forgot to mention, my wife uses a Fitbit watch/sensor. She gets a compete profile of heartrate for every ride. Very affordable.

I figured that Apple Watch would be the recommendation. Was just hoping to spend less. Also, I’m kind of into watches and don’t think I’d wear the watch other than while riding.

Awaiting my check from DJT then will buy an Apple Watch. I use my iPhone with the COBI app on my Trek. It looks like COBI will be easy to connect to. Anyone have experience with this combo?

I don’t get a check from DJT so maybe I’ll go to EBay and find a 4 from someone who is upgrading to a 5. Really don’t want to spend $400-500 for what will mostly just be a heart rate monitor.

I don’t get a check from DJT so maybe I’ll go to EBay and find a 4 from someone who is upgrading to a 5. Really don’t want to spend $400-500 for what will mostly just be a heart rate monitor.
But it tells time, too!!! 😆

Does anyone have any recommendations for heart rate monitors that connect well to Mission Control? I am not a very active fitness guy so have never really used one. What is best/easiest solution? A watch? Something else?

I look for your suggestions-
As a guy who has to monitor his heart, I find the Polar H7 chest strap to be very reliable. I connect it to the Bosch Nyon which easily paired with the Polar unit. The little coin type 2025 battery is good for 2-3 months. I find,with my Samsung android watch, that I have to be reasonably still to get a good heart rate reading. I don't want to have to stop and be still to get a good reading on a ride. I don't know about mission control but the Nyon would not connect to a watch. Also for glove fit and comfort I always remove my watch when I ride (nyon has a time display). So for me, the chest strap, dedicated monitor works best.

As a guy who has to monitor his heart, I find the Polar H7 chest strap to be very reliable. I connect it to the Bosch Nyon which easily paired with the Polar unit. The little coin type 2025 battery is good for 2-3 months. I find,with my Samsung android watch, that I have to be reasonably still to get a good heart rate reading. I don't want to have to stop and be still to get a good reading on a ride. I don't know about mission control but the Nyon would not connect to a watch. Also for glove fit and comfort I always remove my watch when I ride (nyon has a time display). So for me, the chest strap, dedicated monitor works best.

Thx. I’ve read that the Polar chest straps are best. Since I don’t need to be that precise, I think I’ll stick with a watch.

Yes but I have a substantial watch collection to which I am partial. ;)
I haven’t worn my Rolex and other watches a day since the first Apple Watch. Up to Version 4 and waiting for 5. Gives me everything I need for reasonably low price compared to other watches I own.
1588535381700.png

Those with Apple watches, how do do you sync it with mission control?I haven't been able to do it. Is it possible to have you heart rate displayed on TCD with your apple watch? I have an apple watch 3.
Thx

Those with Apple watches, how do do you sync it with mission control?I haven't been able to do it. Is it possible to have you heart rate displayed on TCD with your apple watch? I have an apple watch 3.
Thx
This is why I had posted- if I am going to buy something, since the only thing I am likely to use it for is riding my Vado, I want to be sure it connects easily and well.

Thx
I don’t think you can. I have tried but MC can’t find Apple Watch

Back