Have you tried cowboy coffee?

I appreciate all that but it's all grown all too complex.
The point of my post was that reheating coffee changes the taste... and not for the better. Whatever brew method and beans you use, pour out the old coffee and make a fresh cup/pot rather than reheating coffee.

I've boiled coffee before. You do what you must when your machine breaks! I will agree with others that reheated coffee is either bitter (stove, hot plate) or bland (microwave), but I understand and appreciate those who do their best not to waste. My preferred way around this is to drink it chilled with a little cream!

I don't drink coffee in large volume any more, and I blaspheme by drinking exclusively decaf, but I highly recommend a pour over to anyone looking for a good cup. I enjoy the process of making it, it's easy to clean, I don't have any waste, and I can make more if I decide I want more. Plus, if I brew concentrated hot over a big cup of ice, I can make a hybrid strong cold brew/iced coffee in minutes that's great for summer.

Then you did it wrong. Did you actually try it?
My family would make cowboy coffee on the farm decades ago when I was a kid. The best coffee is obtained from good beans ( not Folgers as in the video ), properly ground and brewed by pouring not quite 212 degree water over the grounds through a cone filter. Period. There is also a cold water method but it takes too long.

My family would make cowboy coffee on the farm decades ago when I was a kid. The best coffee is obtained from good beans ( not Folgers as in the video ), properly ground and brewed by pouring not quite 212 degree water over the grounds through a cone filter. Period. There is also a cold water method but it takes too long.
OK, you're probably right...I never considered that he uses Folger's. I'm comparing my good coffee made this way over my old way of doing it as you describe, with a cone filter. I have decades of doing it the cone filter way.
The cowboy method makes smoother coffee. I still find it hard to believe how good it works. I've used a cone filter only once since I tried this method.

I watched about 5 minutes of the video, then slapped myself out of the trance and proceeded to my kitchen where I made a cup with my Keurig in about 2 minutes.

I've boiled coffee before. You do what you must when your machine breaks! I will agree with others that reheated coffee is either bitter (stove, hot plate) or bland (microwave), but I understand and appreciate those who do their best not to waste. My preferred way around this is to drink it chilled with a little cream!

I don't drink coffee in large volume any more, and I blaspheme by drinking exclusively decaf, but I highly recommend a pour over to anyone looking for a good cup. I enjoy the process of making it, it's easy to clean, I don't have any waste, and I can make more if I decide I want more website. Plus, if I brew concentrated hot over a big cup of ice, I can make a hybrid strong cold brew/iced coffee in minutes that's great for summer.
I see where a lot of you say you have Cowboy Coffee in the morning. Is this a certain way you brew coffee, a brand of coffee or a tobacco blend? I love a good cup of coffee in the morning when smoking my morning bowl. I admit at times I am slow and don't catch on.

Yes, I’ve done it many times, usually when sharing coffee with others, on overnight bikepacking trips.

I see where a lot of you say you have Cowboy Coffee in the morning. Is this a certain way you brew coffee, a brand of coffee or a tobacco blend? I love a good cup of coffee in the morning when smoking my morning bowl. I admit at times I am slow and don't catch on.
Brewing method based on boiling the coffee Gives me the willies just thinking about it. See the original post for details.

Found another Western themed drink to add to the list: Tractor Teas and fruit drinks. My wife and I went to Smash Wallet, I meant Smash Burger, for brunch. The Tractor brand drinks are pretty good!

I don't know if it's Cowboy or Lazyboy on my part, but I use a metal cone filter without a paper filter which dilutes the taste. I buy decent beans from a local roaster, who is a young lady entrepreneur at the weekend farmers market nearby. (I can be a cheapskate in some respects, but Folgers is a bridge too far). I make it strong and get great results. In most respects it's even easier than a Keurig or whatnot.

Cowboy coffee is weak, compared to Sheepherder coffee,

How Sheepherder coffee is made ,
1. Starts with one of those old Big Blue/white speckled coffee pots, add fresh water out of the creek,
throw in a cup full (literally) of ground coffee,
sit on the edge of a sage brush fire,
bring to a rolling boil,
then a dash of cold creek water to settle the grounds,
pour and serve straight outa the pot.

Then the grounds are saved in the pot, for the next go around,
just add another cup of fresh coffee, creek water full to the bottom of the spout, sit in the open sage brush fire till done, some cold creek water, pour and serve.

Next time is the same as the above, just add coffee/water,
(saving the grounds), repeat this till the coffee pot is filled to spout level of used grounds.

When you can't add any fresh grounds/water to make the next pot then the grounds are dumped and started over from step1,
and repeat, repeat, repeat.
Makes for some good coffee....

OH and don't EVER wash/clean the coffee pot, you have never seen a very mad Basque sheepherder, till you wash/clean his coffee pot...even if there is a 1/2" of crust inside and out outside.

Ask my better half, she learned the hard way....
ymmv

Sheepherder coffee

Now That's My Kind Of Coffee ☕ 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I remember trying to stay awake for a 6 hour drive and I didn't want to drink coffee because I'd have to keep stopping to use the can, so I just opened my jar of instant coffee and shook a mouthful of dry instant coffee in my mouth followed by a bit of water and stirred it in my mouth.

I almost gagged and puked on my steering wheel a couple times, but I only had to stop to piss once. 😂

I ended up "drinking" over half a jar of instant coffee. 😂

Last edited:
The first time I tried Gene's coffee ( a good Basque sheep herder friend), I was a Govt Hunter/Trapper at the time, working around his sheep herds.
I told him,
"Gene, that coffee is stronger than Horse pizz with the foam all pharted off the top".
Gene started laughing till he had tears in his eyes.
ymmv

It's best when you cringe when you take a sip.
Like it's a shot of whiskey or lemon juice. 😂

I think a proper shot of Gene's coffee mixed with a shot of proper whiskey should be available at every western themed bar.
(The whiskey would count as the mix if you make the shooter properly. 😂)

Back