Hall sensors color codes

GregoH

Region
Europe
Hi!
I want to add hall sensors into my bike motor, so the throttle will work smoothly.
However, I don't really understand how I should connect sensors to the controller.
The motor has a, b, c pins which should be connected to yellow, green and blue wires.
Is there standard color codes for abc? Or how I should connect them?
photo_2022-05-19_12-11-45.jpg

It would APPEAR to these old eyes that there are hall sensor wires there now. Hall sensors will be the same color as the phase wires, just much smaller.

There are only 3 phase wires, +5v, ground and speed sensor on that photo. But I've change the main wire to 9 pin to add hall sensors.

Hall sensors will be the same color as the phase wires, just much smaller.
Yes, it is so. The question is how to connect them to a, b and c outputs.

Sorry, I was looking at your main harness.

I can share that the sensor wires fire in the same order as the phase wires. For instance, if the yellow phase is the first to fire, the yellow sensor would be "a". Can't be much help beyond that.

Blue, yellow, and green. I’ve never had a motor without. Your motor has hall sensors.

The circuit board is bare. I think Grego will have to solder in the Hall sensors, Honeywell SS41 ?
Easy to check for +5V and ground, and they go in aligned with power. But how yellow, green, and blue correspond to A, B, and C is anyone's guess.

If he buys a controller with a learn function, the controller can figure it out. Otherwise, assign A,B,C to the three wires and work it out. Use very low power when testing.

phase.jpeg

The circuit board is bare. I think Grego will have to solder in the Hall sensors, Honeywell SS41 ?
Easy to check for +5V and ground, and they go in aligned with power. But how yellow, green, and blue correspond to A, B, and C is anyone's guess.
Yes, SS41Fs fit pretty good in sockets. However, there is a thing about the middle sensor's - +5V and signal pin are reversed on the circuit board, but the socket in a magnet won't let me just turn it 180 degrees. How should I connect it?
If he buys a controller with a learn function, the controller can figure it out.
I have KT36/48WZWSRMT controller. Can I check if it has a learn function somehow? This motor was running smoothly without hall sensors on low power idle. So, I don't really know how I can check it.

Some of the KT square wave controllers are sensorless. I think all of the sinewave models have sensors. None of them have learning. I have one of the older sensorless KT controllers. I run it on a Bafang SWXH which has Hall sensors.

So this KT36/48WZWSRM, is that the one you were already using? Or is it a new one with Hall sensor inputs.

If they swapped the pins around on the middle on your circuit board, it must work that way. I wouldn't try to twist the sensor around,

So this KT36/48WZWSRM, is that the one you were already using? Or is it a new one with Hall sensor inputs.
This is the only one I have and I'm not really into buying one more controller(1-2 month shipping). Seller states it is "Dual mode Sinewave". It has wiring for hall sensors, so I guess it can work with them.

If they swapped the pins around on the middle on your circuit board, it must work that way
I've soldered all sensors according to sockets in magnets and tried all 6 combinations for wiring. It seems like swapping wires isn't doing anything.

Wait, You only have one controller and it worked with your motor, which the picture showed no Hall sensors. Now you put in sensors, and the same controller don't work? I'll pretend I didn't read that,

There are 36 combos, It assumes that the Halls are correct. You have to change the Hall s up to 6 times to try all 36 Hall combos,

Wait, You only have one controller and it worked with your motor, which the picture showed no Hall sensors. Now you put in sensors, and the same controller don't work? I'll pretend I didn't read that,
It is still working, but I don't know if something has changed after installation of Hall sensors.
The reason why I managed to install hall sensors is because without them it was shaky under acceleration.

There are 36 combos
I've tried only to change hall sensors wires, as it is shown that pic you sent

Update.
It seems like the middle sensor is constantly showning 2.5V and do not react on magnets positions.

Last edited:
Problem solved!

It was that middle hall sensor with swapped pins. I don't know why the pins were swapped on the board, but when I matched all pins - sensor started working and, as I understand, controller finally switched to sensored mode.
Then I just followed that instruction:
phase.jpeg
ABC appeared to be Green-Blue-Yellow for me
Thank you for help, guys!

Back