Haibike FS RX Kick Stand

Mine came with an older style pletscher ESEG kickstand, nice fit, makes a bit of noise off road. I would never get one on the pedal or crank. -S

It does come with a kickstand.
So the bike comes with a kick stand or did your bike shop throw one in?

2014 models did have a kickstand.
I'll check with our team and let you know about the 2015 models.

I'm not sure, I assumed the shop put it on for demo riders. It had 25 miles on it and I saved quite a bit because of that and some scratches on the battery. -S

Hi,

Any suggestions for a kickstand? Found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Flashs...&sr=1-11&keywords=kickstand+for+mountain+bike .
Kinda wish there was a pedal with a kickstand built in, one of Courts reviews had this on a mtn bike and it seemed pretty cool.

Earlier Haibikes had Pletscher ESGE kickstand. The latest 2015 models may not have it. The bike should have eyelets for adding the kickstand. I have linked all the relevant images and info here:
Let us know if you have any issues.

W/ kickstand FS RS

Haibike Kickstand.JPG

Kickstand used here is Standard ESGE (hard to find in the US)

Standard Esge Pletscher.JPG

W/o kickstand FS RX (notice the eyelets, thanks EBR)

ERB Haibike kickstand.jpg

Pletscher ESGE ( I suggest you verify the length once you have the bike)

Purchase link

Pletscher ESGE kickstand.jpg

It should look something like this ( thanks EBR)

Shimano Steps with Pletscher kickstand.jpg

We have a small supply of these if you need and are unable to find. The bike requires different size mounting bolts than the ones that come standard. I think 25mm does it but I'll have to check with my mechanic. Feel free to reach out if I can help further. Keep in mind riding mountain bikes off-road with kickstands can be hazardous. This is why most don't come with them.

We have many customers asking us to put a kickstand on the Neo Jumper bike but it doesn't have any mounting points. Neo Jumper is more of XC bike than a true mountain bike.
Some of the Xduro's and Focus (Thron Speed) bikes do come with a kickstand but at least it's good to have mounting points for those who want to use it both on/off road conditions.

Should be able to replace the ones on the Trekking RX here. Rich would be happy to help you on this.

I have a 27.5 (thanks CL) is there a longer one or does it not make that much difference?

We have a small supply of these if you need and are unable to find. The bike requires different size mounting bolts than the ones that come standard. I think 25mm does it but I'll have to check with my mechanic. Feel free to reach out if I can help further. Keep in mind riding mountain bikes off-road with kickstands can be hazardous. This is why most don't come with them.

Thanks so much! I never thought of that but of course it could catch things. Most of my 'off road is more like across mowed fields and around the outskirts of golf courses, so I'll be ok. But I'll remember to remove it when we hit some serious trails. Cuz I think that's coming..... LOL

Ok, what the heck ARE the kickstand bolt sizes?? The 6mm that come with the stand are just slightly too small to screw into the frame, so I bought 7mm and they're too big to fit! is there 6.5mm? Different threads?

Could be either @MLB; however, there is a lot of variance with threads--the thickness of them, the angle they're at and how close together they are. Take a close look at the threading on the bike; most likely it's going to be something that would accommodate wider, thicker threads. And yes, there is the possibility that it's a 6.5 mm or depending upon what bike you have, it might not be metric (unusual)

Could be either @MLB; however, there is a lot of variance with threads--the thickness of them, the angle they're at and how close together they are. Take a close look at the threading on the bike; most likely it's going to be something that would accommodate wider, thicker threads. And yes, there is the possibility that it's a 6.5 mm or depending upon what bike you have, it might not be metric (unusual)

Why would there be non metric fasteners on a Haibike?

There shouldn't be; however, I've worked on a number of ebikes and scooters over the years where there was an occasional non-metric bolt. It was just a general statement, not specific to the Haibike. Consider options :)

Out in the sunlight I could see it wasn't threaded so just used a nut on back. Sure is nice to have a stand. Really nice that you can back the bike up without running the peddle into the stand. :)
Also swapped out the bars for a set a bit taller, cut them shorter and put Ergons with bar ends on.
Now I REALLY like it. :)

Last edited:
One nice thing about the kickstand being by the rear axle is you can move the bike around the garage without running the left peddle into the kickstand when you back up. :)

One nice thing about the kickstand being by the rear axle is you can move the bike around the garage without running the left peddle into the kickstand when you back up. :)

I'm sure the bike looks great with the Super Moto X tires and minor mods.
Care to share a pic?

Back