GTMRK Front Suspension Forks

byunbee

Does someone have any information on the GTMRK front suspension that comes with the base Frey HT1000? For road use, is it reliable and durable? I couldn't find any information on it. The Rockshox Recon RL upgrade seems overkill for road use or is it worth the $115 upgrade cost? Any thoughts?

Does someone have any information on the GTMRK front suspension that comes with the base Frey HT1000? For road use, is it reliable and durable? I couldn't find any information on it. The Rockshox Recon RL upgrade seems overkill for road use or is it worth the $115 upgrade cost? Any thoughts?

There are air/spring fork sets that are the same but have multi branded companies supplying them. I wasn't aware Fox had a $115 fork, sounds great. I paid $148 with Prime for a branded Chinese set for my 26"fattie. If your in your 60's and feel the jarring of the road in your shoulders ( rotator) then the forks are well worth the upgrade. If you can gravel race or throw your MTB off table tops, hit a berm at 30mph on DH at Mammoth, then cheap forks like these will simply break in half. Seriously, the forks were a great upgrade for me.

GTMRK is a 120mm front suspension fork and comes with the base spec of the Frey HT1000 hardtail eMTB. The $115 isn't the full cost of the Rockshox Recon RL fork, but the upgrade price of using that instead of the GTMRK.

Back