Grand Canyon South Rim- shuttles closed- great riding!

vincent

anyone close to the grand canyon should head over right now, the rim road is closed to the shuttles and there is nobody there
not sure how long this will be the case but did the entire rim road up and down and saw maybe 20 people the other day

also there are lots of paved trails to ride
great place to ride

I am jealous. That's another that I'd like to ride but it would take a bit of planning and time to drive from up here.

It would be worth it, especially right now

if you had an RV would be really easy to social distance...

I was literally the ONLY person at every one of the lookouts and it was Saturday!
It was amazing, I’m going again it’s soon as I get back to Flagstaff in two weeks!

It would be worth it, especially right now

if you had an RV would be really easy to social distance...

I was literally the ONLY person at every one of the lookouts and it was Saturday!
It was amazing, I’m going again it’s soon as I get back to Flagstaff in two weeks!

How far a drive is that from Prescott? I might be there in near future.
Could one day trip it: unload and ride out and back to car?

Absolutely, you can do a day trip from Prescott that would not be bad at all

I am going for the day from Flagstaff and I doubt it’s much further

it’s about 90 miles one way for me and looks like 130 for you

but it’s pretty much 65mph up through Paulden and then 75 on the interstate and 65 up from Williams
pretty quick trip

and when I got there middle of the day Saturday there was not a car in line at the entrance - which is unusual

you want to follow the signs to the market plaza, you can park right in there next to the trains or whatever and go right up the rim Road

I was there 3 weeks ago and it was incredible! Didn't have my own bike but the bike rental was open. No people at the look outs. If you can do it you need to do it ASAP as this will probably never happen again. To have the whole canyon to yourself is incredible.

Back