Got Called a "Cheater" by Another Cyclist

riding competitively, leaderboards and that stuff, getting butt hurt over perceived slights and others overstepping what you feel is normal or traditional or prescribed is a good example of what is wrong with the world. haha. those folks can f-off themselves. i ride merely to ride, i’m not competing for social media trophies or for some fake internet status or whatever. fine if ppl want to do that on their own, but as soon as you start suggesting society has to now conform to what you think is right, f off.

racers have a choice to race or not. to compete or just focus on themselves. that is the choice they make. if they dont like cheaters that’s too bad for them and their egos, but i’m not living my life for their approval and could not care any less than i do about what they think, feel or want. worry about yourself pal and don’t speak to me.

Last edited:
Make them angry by hollaring, “loser!” It makes as much sense. I find most people friendly on the trail I ride on but some “serious” bikers look at me with disgust if I smile or wave or say hello. I remember I climbed a hill that two of them were blocking. On the down slope, one went a head and so I pulled to the side to let the other pass me and join his companion. I said “I will let you by” and pulled over. Not a word. No thanks, not even a glance just peddled by. People like that think only those in peak physical condition deserve to be out enjoying a ride like them. They are elitist and I suspect not very nice in general.

riding competitively, leaderboards and that stuff, getting butt hurt over perceived slights and others overstepping what you feel is normal or traditional or prescribed is a good example of what is wrong with the world. haha. those folks can f-off themselves. i ride merely to ride, i’m not competing for social media trophies or for some fake internet status or whatever. fine if ppl want to do that on their own, but as soon as you start suggesting society has to now conform to what you think is right, f off.

racers have a choice to race or not. to compete or just focus on themselves. that is the choice they make. if they dont like cheaters that’s too bad for them and their egos, but i’m not living my life for their approval and could not care any less than i do about what they think, feel or want. worry about yourself pal and don’t speak to me.
I used strata once. I thought I turned off all the invasive reporting But someone still managed to “follow me” so I deleted the app immediately. I use Ride with GPS now. I think the whole following strangers and competing with them is weird.

Sometimes, you find nasty people among friends of yours. There is a man who is a runner, and moreover he is a mountain runner. Instead of encouraging me (because I'm an ailing person doing my best to stay active thanks to e-bikes), he seems to be jealous and he thinks I'm a cheater. His comment: "If some kind of e-running shoes were invented, Stefan would become an expert soon". Indeed, dear Zbig, I would be more than happy to be able to be running again. And bear in mind your time will eventually come despite of your current fitness...

Excuse me my rant.

Sometimes, you find nasty people among friends of yours. There is a man who is a runner, and moreover he is a mountain runner. Instead of encouraging me (because I'm an ailing person doing my best to stay active thanks to e-bikes), he seems to be jealous and he thinks I'm a cheater. His comment: "If some kind of e-running shoes were invented, Stefan would become an expert soon". Indeed, dear Zbig, I would be more than happy to be able to be running again. And bear in mind your time will eventually come despite of your current fitness...

Excuse me my rant.
Good point.
If an “e-shoe” existed I would be first in line to buy a pair. And so would millions of others. Think how much that would help physically challenged people.
Heck, I’d probably buy stock in the company.

Good point.
If an “e-shoe” existed I would be first in line to buy a pair. And so would millions of others. Think how much that would help physically challenged people.
Heck, I’d probably buy stock in the company.
I agree. As someone with Achilles tendon issues and other foot ailments from flat feet, that always wears orthotics and can’t be bare foot even in the shower without pain, I’d totally buy an e-shoe.

can’t be bare foot even in the shower without pain
You gotta get a shower bench, makes it so much easier. Not quite an e shoe, but we probably don't want e anything in water.

I ride my Rize RX regularly for exercise on the roads in my area. I usually go out for 18-40 miles rides, and I ride hard for exercise. I only ride in ECO 1, the lowest level of assist. I compete with no one and enjoy every ride like a 6 year old. I make a point to nod, wave, or say hello to every cyclist I pass. On Sunday, passing an acoustic cyclist in opposite directions, I nodded and was greeted with a loud call of "Cheater!" in response. Kinda bothered me, but then I figure what ever the issue is....it's in his mind, because I'm just doing my thing. That is all.
I remember when the "real cyclists" all rode single speed bikes which was truly stupid as they lacked brakes and going down a hill was risky at best. Same with respect to "no real man" would ever drive a car or truck with an automatic transmission.

FkYou gotta get a shower bench, makes it so much easier. Not quite an e shoe, but we probably don't want e anything in water
You gotta get a shower bench, makes it so much easier. Not quite an e shoe, but we probably don't want e anything in water.
For now I have arch supportive shower sandals. The next step is bench.

if someone on a bicycle yells "cheater" at you, yell back "POSER !"

trust me, it's like kryptonite.

BTW, "pushbike" was the term for bicycle I learned when I lived in Britain. "Pushbike" by then was mainly used by non-cyclists to distinguish a bicycle from a motorbike. If you said, I came here by bike, they'd ask "pushbike."

As a long-time cyclist I was never fond of the term pushbike but since I got an e-bike this Spring, I've started calling my many regular bicycles pushbikes.

if someone on a bicycle yells "cheater" at you, yell back "POSER !"

trust me, it's like kryptonite.

BTW, "pushbike" was the term for bicycle I learned when I lived in Britain. "Pushbike" by then was mainly used by non-cyclists to distinguish a bicycle from a motorbike. If you said, I came here by bike, they'd ask "pushbike."

As a long-time cyclist I was never fond of the term pushbike but since I got an e-bike this Spring, I've started calling my many regular bicycles pushbikes.
Oh that's perfect. I thought "loser" would be good but "poser" would be like Kryptonite!!

Back