Good Stuff You Bought

I would order that board, I'm sure it comes with the 6A version. Also order the 12A version of that component. Install the new board and get the mixer running. Then remove the 6A one and install the 12A version. Swap boards when the new 6A version fails, then fix that one. Then you always have a spare board ready to go.

I've got a lot of cheap electronic stuff (crap really, 😂) but I've had great luck with it by not turning any of it up past half way.
Things get too hot and burn out.

This is my automatic charger for my lead acid battery powered old e-bike,..

Screenshot_20231022-162811_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20231022-162838_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20231022-162853_DuckDuckGo.jpg

That big diode isn't big enough.

I don't know how to turn down the charger so I should replace that diode with a higher wattage diode.

Or maybe I'll coat the diode with heat conducting paste ?

Or maybe I'll just wait until it burns out and replace it then. 😂

My electronics teacher used to say "If it's too hot to tutts, it's too hot"

(He was Dutch. He had and accent. 😂)

Finally came in today and will be installed tomorrow, if I don’t get distracted.

IMG_3752.jpeg

It’s a detergent dispenser for a POS dishwasher machine. The stupid tab on the door broke and the detergent won’t get dispensed properly. So, I had to get a whole new piece. $30, so not too bad.

So, instead of replacing the whole unit and rewiring the new one in, I was able to remove the doors and a swap them. Now the detergent gets distributed in a timely fashion. The door locks into place now.

Just got a new phase control board for our kitchenaid mixer.

IMG_3767.jpeg

The mixer just sounds better. Also, the faint burning smell is gone too! I’ll check the mixing speeds later, when I’m not so tired.

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 23.58.20.png

Automatic pet feeder is amazing thing. It's one of those inventions that make you wonder how you managed without it before. It's a game-changer for pet owners. On a similar note, I recently made another fantastic purchase—a new sofa from eldorado furniture. It's been a time for upgrades, and this new addition has not only enhanced the aesthetics of my space but also elevated the overall comfort.

Last edited:
I bought two rolls of adjustable hook and loop strap with buckles,..

Screenshot_20231215-042115_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20231215-035034_AliExpress.jpg

It's got the hooks and loops mixed together on the same side, so you can make any size strap.

Screenshot_20231215-034805_AliExpress.jpg

I recently purchased a Tailfin universal axle kit which will allow me to swap their rack between two different bikes and potentially a third. Also acquired a pair of their 5L mini panniers which we plan to use on an overseas trip this fall.

PXL_20240126_174806182.jpg

PXL_20240127_204724031.jpg

I recently purchased a Tailfin universal axle kit which will allow me to swap their rack between two different bikes and potentially a third. Also acquired a pair of their 5L mini panniers which we plan to use on an overseas trip this fall.

View attachment 171229
View attachment 171230
Yesterday, I spend some time on the Tailfin website configuring a setup for two bikes. One has a thru axle and the other has a QR.
I haven't gone through with the purchase yet, because I'm still trying to justify the high price.
The alloy version (rack & bag), with a thru axle and QR axle comes in at $686 Can. :confused:

I've also looked at the Ortlieb Pannier Quick Rack. The upside is it's a lot cheaper than the Tailfin rack. The downside is it's difficult to mount it to a carbon framed bike (one of my bikes has a carbon frame, while the other is aluminum).

Yesterday, I spend some time on the Tailfin website configuring a setup for two bikes. One has a thru axle and the other has a QR.
I haven't gone through with the purchase yet, because I'm still trying to justify the high price.
The alloy version (rack & bag), with a thru axle and QR axle comes in at $686 Can. :confused:

I've also looked at the Ortlieb Pannier Quick Rack. The upside is it's a lot cheaper than the Tailfin rack. The downside is it's difficult to mount it to a carbon framed bike (one of my bikes has a carbon frame, while the other is aluminum).
I’m the first to admit that TF stuff isn’t cheap, but all of their gear from racks, panniers and accessories is manufactured to the highest of standards. The aeropack alloy is priced lower but isn’t as versatile if there are times when you choose not to travel with the trunkbag. What stands out for me is that no attachment point ever touches any part of the bike frame. Arduous rack placement and removal is a thing of the past and the process only takes a few seconds with the QR dropouts. Same goes for the trunk bag and panniers.

PXL_20240127_210020486.MP.jpg
PXL_20240127_205621625.jpg

I’ve even test fitted the rack to my emtb but in my case the Thru axle would require a UDH adapter which is also available through Tailfin. The folks at TF are great to deal with and will also gladly refund you fully for any import/brokerage duties incurred during shipping.

PXL_20231230_003411699.jpg

Back