Good Stuff You Bought

2 weeks sleeping on the mat and it has not deflated until I deflated it today to pack it for camping. $20 CAD. A good thing.
1667608235691.png

This year I broke down and bought some good gore-tex gear. I just ride in the rain too much and my showers pass stuff gets damp before I am done.
the jacket is a gore-tex paclite really breathable and waterproof. it seems too work for me fro about 58 to hopefully below 30 with the right stuff under it. I rode twice today in the rain winds uptown 20mph and it did great. you see it got wet then dried out within 2 hours.
the gloves are gore-tex advice them sot breathable gore-tex they stayed dry inside both rides. they work for me fro about 56 to 42 degrees. I am wondering if some of the higher end gloves that use the gore active and the one for wind will work instead of my electric gloves? got the jacket on sale from REI 100.00 off and the gloves are about 30.00 les then my local store. my only implant about the gloves is the finger don't have much grip the palm is fine.
IMG_0994.jpeg
IMG_0995.jpeg
IMG_1002.jpeg

This year I broke down and bought some good gore-tex gear. I just ride in the rain too much and my showers pass stuff gets damp before I am done.
the jacket is a gore-tex paclite really breathable and waterproof. it seems too work for me fro about 58 to hopefully below 30 with the right stuff under it. I rode twice today in the rain winds uptown 20mph and it did great. you see it got wet then dried out within 2 hours.
the gloves are gore-tex advice them sot breathable gore-tex they stayed dry inside both rides. they work for me fro about 56 to 42 degrees. I am wondering if some of the higher end gloves that use the gore active and the one for wind will work instead of my electric gloves? got the jacket on sale from REI 100.00 off and the gloves are about 30.00 les then my local store. my only implant about the gloves is the finger don't have much grip the palm is fine.
View attachment 139428View attachment 139429View attachment 139430
I bought the slightly thinner Gore Infineum version of those last year and really like them. On sale, they cost about the same as the 2-3 pairs of cheaper gloves that I tried and discarded as too bulky or not actually water/wind resistant.

I have a hard shell Gore trail jacket that I got on clearance but I hardly use it because my PI jacket is good enough for everything but hard rain commutes, is way more breathable and comfortable, and allows me to walk to lunch or into a work meeting without looking like I'm geared up for the Tour de France.

the weather here is so changeable I have to always have something that can handle the rain well. plus I ride two or three times a day in the rain and that becomes an issue. I think I will stick with my electric gloves as they work in a wider range of temps than any other gloves. I will just get a glove dryer to dry them out.

A new thermocouple for my water heater. The old one was dirty beyond repair. I cleaned it once and it worked for a day, then went out. Bought this new one, installed it, and it fired right up.

the gore-tex stuff is great i sadly sold the only jacket i had when i was living in texas during a drought. i recently bought a maium jacket because i wanted some rain gear that had a bit of swag and i really like it. it converts into a poncho so it's nice and comfortable while riding, dries off quick and doesn't leak. it's not the most breathable but it's better than most fully waterproof gear i've had. i have the Mac model which has a little cap built in to keep water out of your face.

the gore-tex stuff is great i sadly sold the only jacket i had when i was living in texas during a drought. i recently bought a maium jacket because i wanted some rain gear that had a bit of swag and i really like it. it converts into a poncho so it's nice and comfortable while riding, dries off quick and doesn't leak. it's not the most breathable but it's better than most fully waterproof gear i've had. i have the Mac model which has a little cap built in to keep water out of your face.
Nice! One original on the way! Thanks!

A1BE7881-ABCF-4858-BC48-84D787A8A567.jpeg

I haven't posted here in awhile.
Few weeks ago I bought elitetac flash lights but wasn't satisfied. It requires AAA batteries and can't start a fire. I was field testing one and purposely threw it from 2nd floor of my house and it broke.
Long story short I emailed the vendor asking for a refund and they sent me 2 more no charge, now I have 4. It's a good buy after all.

Attachments

• 20221117_183924.jpg
    20221117_183924.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 133
Pure gold! I have just swapped my Specialized Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss for Schwalbe Marathon Winter Plus. The Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack let me change the tyres as quickly and painlessly as never before!
Yep, I find the Koolstop bead jack very handy for narrower tires but for many wider/beefier (and in some cases, harder to mount mtb tires), it won’t reach the other side of the tire bead. In that case, my tool of choice would be the Cushcore Bead Dropper.

cushcore-cushcore-bead-dropper-tire-lever-701822997607-15626866032703_1800x1800.jpg

Yep, I find the Koolstop bead jack very handy for narrower tires but for many wider/beefier (and in some cases, harder to mount mtb tires), it won’t reach the other side of the tire bead. In that case, my tool of choice would be the Cushcore Bead Dropper.

View attachment 140521
Best tire tool I have for installing Tannus Armor inserts.

I'm gonna cheat here and post something I'm going to buy, and if anyone wants a great special they can get one too.
Buck Knives Kingsman folding knife 2.75" blade for $10.99, regular price $54.99 at Canadian Tire on Thursday 24th
A bike rider used one to stab in the neck a grizzly bear that had him down mauling him, and he lived to tell the tale. Officers tracked down the bleeding bear.

1669069853795.png

Last edited:
bought these bibs. all in one wind protection water protection and thermals and padded. I did not know they had all in ones. I got them on sale for 170.00 Now I dont have to stop our ride to put on rain pants.

bought these bibs. all in one wind protection water protection and thermals and padded. I did not know they had all in ones. I got them on sale for 170.00 Now I dont have to stop our ride to put on rain pants.
You're a serious bike rider, foofie.

I have a busted garden 100 feet hose in the backyard that I use to wash my bikes. I used to wash them in the GF's rain garden but the plants were needing to be cut at least 2-3 times a month.
I'm gonna mend my garden hose now because my bike needs a wash.

Attachments

• 20221121_141054.jpg
    20221121_141054.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20221121_142024.jpg
    20221121_142024.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 123
Back