Good Stuff You Bought

I am very impressed with some cheapie stuff I bought for camping at Shoppers+ https://www.shopperplus.ca/search?q=living basics inflatable mattress

Air mattress...very light thin material. I can't believe how good it feels... it's the most comfy mattress ever for me. I mean it feels better than ANY mattress...it's not as wide as I'd prefer, but it is fit for purpose. If it holds air overnight I might buy another and use 2 on top of my home mattress, it's that good. $19.99
Stealth camping coming up :)
1666381426026.png

I also got a folding eggcrate foam mat for underneath to keep the cold off. $13.99
1666380942810.png

and a Hammock double size with mosquito net. Haven't tried it yet, but the material looks good and there's no visible faults, zippers work well. $14.76. ultralight

1666380406077.png

I've only tried garden hammock variety...and I detested them. However, camping hammocks are said to be OK if you lie diagonally and you can lie almost completely flat like that. The thing I'm not crazy about is if coyotes decide that what's in the hammock could be dinner. I'd want some experience on getting feet on the ground really quick before I'd be comfortable sleeping. I'll try the new sleeping mats in the tent first and just practice setting up the hammock for quick exit. A video I watched was pretty convincing that hammocks can be very good for sleeping, even for older people with mobility and back problems. I'm not in that category, but if I can set it up so I'm not sleeping in a banana shape I'll be happy with it. The netting is fine so it should be actually mosquito-free inside.

1666392095760.png
1666392292852.png

For someone without any bike tools this isn't too bad for $35.99 @ Shoppers+, because it has everything from spoke wrench to bottom bracket tools and chain whip.

It works.
I had the solar guys come today that's why I didn't go work
I have had these bike lifts for years for my analog bikes but have never trusted the internal mechanisms to safely and reliably lift my ebikes.

I’d probably not sleep and absolutely get out a complete cripple.

i might survive in this.

decades ago I had a military surplus hammock that had a pretty rigid deck and it was nice. I’ve never seen them again. Coyote? Hundreds of nights in coyote country and never an issue.
Coyotes in coyote country aren't as bold as coyotes that live in cities. These are the ones that grab small dogs and all cats ( no stray cats around anymore but now posters of "missing cat" everywhere) and once in a while they sneak up and bite a human.
I tried the hammock for an afternoon rest and it wasn't bad considering it is too short...looking up into the autumn tree canopy... pretty good for a camping seat one could lie down in, and it's compact, lightweight w/ bug net, and cheap. I didn't notice the short length, it needs to be at least a couple of feet longer for better lie-flat capability, I read.

Last edited:
took our granddaughter to the trek store she rode her 12" trek bike there since is is only 6 or so blocks away. we had to buy her a trek bike because the cheap amazon 12" my daughter bought she could not peddle as it was too hard and she was so small. it only took her a month before the training wheels came off and off she went and almost 4. we did not tell her where we were going and she was baffled. she kept hopping on her old bike and the 16" bike and testing them over and over. finally made up her mind and wanted the 16" bike. her birthday is next month but I wanted to get to before the weather got s bad. Plus for some reason Comcast sent me a refund after we dumped them a few months ago. but it was for 160.00 and no clue why. so they do trade ins and we got 1/2 off for her old bike. so Comcast bought her a new bike it was nice of them.

My electric bill spiked to $300 more monthly so I was suspicious.
Two panels were not producing.
Oh yea, we had our panels cleaned, once. It was a huge difference. I think I might start cleaning them myself. You can definitely tell in the bill.

I was watching you tube shorts videos and this tactical light was advertised.
Supposedly it can light a fire.
Day light is shorter on the island now thinking of getting it for my early ride to work while sunshine is not up yet.
Elite Tac Lights 100000 lumens.
Howabout that?
Bulls pizzle

I didn't see much information on their site, such as type of LED(s), the battery, etc.
Those "deals" are notoriously smoke and mirrors. I guess folks see $20 and think what's to lose? $20! In my experience, it adds up. I learned some time ago when shopping for an LED flashlight, as it seems you did, to know those very details. I have lights that fell in the $40-$50 range that use my preferred AA rechargeable or better yet 18650 batteries and have a verified lumen rating.

Scam!
Jeebus, you can get a decent FeniX or Maratac quality machined aluminum body lights. FeniX does new buyers discounts, I got two PD32 Lights sold by many for nearer $60 discounted direct for $35. Elitetac is a total rip off.

Hopefully you bought it from Amazon and can return it. There are really good lights out there for $45. F7CBB589-E2DD-4661-B76B-3C6F6D982F47.jpeg

There’s an identical light on Amazon for $9.99

BTW Natfire has a big sale on, but sort term.

they have an LEP for $55!!!
By typing in "LEP" I can find only 3 items, lowest price $90 Canadian. :) that's $73 USD. I guess we have to pay for keeping the Hauwei boss lady for a while.

Back