GIANT RideControl App 2.0

Same problem with continuous loop here also. Wifes bike Explore E+3 2020, my bike Explore E+ 4. 2020- Both bike have same problem with app 1.5.0.8,
What is strange is that my wifes bike had the module update 4.4 with version 1.4.0 before the app was updated and it screwed up the odometer. It was doubled!
When the app was updated today from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0.8 both bikes show the module update 4.4 but both bikes do the continuous loop and promt for more updates.
What is also strange is that when the bikes do the update and finish, it says sucsessfully press finish and reconnect the bike to continue update. So i assume that it was more update than just one but after i had run the update 4 times I figure out that this must be a a serious problem?

Hope they get it fixed before this summer, when I return to my La Free!

In mid-March we bought a 2020 Vida E+ for my wife to ride. She installed the RideControl App 2.0 on her iPhone 11Plus, connected to her new bike and updated the firmware without incident.

If you're having problems with updates, I'd recommend deleting the app from your phone. Turn your bike off. Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. Move the phone and bike to where you will have a strong wifi signal and power up the bike and attempt the update. My theory is that the app acts as a conduit between the Giant server and your bike, downloading the update and sending it to the bike on the fly. If your wifi connection is too slow the update fails.

My brother has an iPhone. His recent update of RC app works flawlessly, records his rides, and even sends the rides to Strava. How odd.
(It works with RC One, presently at my Trance E+ he rides).

My brother has an iPhone. His recent update of RC app works flawlessly, records his rides, and even sends the rides to Strava. How odd.
(It works with RC One, presently at my Trance E+ he rides).
Still not enough for me to drink the Apple cool-aid. Lovely devices, but not for me...

Still not enough for me to drink the Apple cool-aid. Lovely devices, but not for me...
I'm not sure whether it is the matter of iPhone. Jacek simply owns the Apple product and had no issues. Other iPhone users might report problems.

Updated our two 2021 Explore e+ 1 Pro’s today without any issues using iPhone over wifi.

It did three updates to different modules on each bike as follows:
1 - Updated Smart Gateway. Very quick update. Less than 3 minutes.
2 - Updated Ridecontrol Ergo. A bit longer. About 10 minutes.
3 - Updated Ridedash EVO. Longest one at about 15 minutes.

After each update it shut off the bike and I had to turn it on again and reconnect to the app to continue.

I haven’t ridden with it yet but I did notice that the light comes on automatically now when the bike is turned on which I like.

Interesting. My Android phone with Ridecontrol 1.5.0 keeps offering the upgrade over and over to my 2019 Road E. I've given up after three cycles. With the conversation here, I got out my old iPad and installed RideControl 1.5.0 and on it and connected to the bike. It connected fine and did not ask to do any upgrade at all, just gave me the normal settings. So that's weird. I'm not sure if I'm upgraded or not. iPad does show software version "20201203000" for the bike. I do notice the "Distance since last service" has reset from 8000 miles down to the one 45 mile ride I did since the "upgrade" so that is nice. I hate taking the bike to the dealer just so they can reset the service window.

Interesting. My Android phone with Ridecontrol 1.5.0 keeps offering the upgrade over and over to my 2019 Road E. I've given up after three cycles. With the conversation here, I got out my old iPad and installed RideControl 1.5.0 and on it and connected to the bike. It connected fine and did not ask to do any upgrade at all, just gave me the normal settings. So that's weird. I'm not sure if I'm upgraded or not. iPad does show software version "20201203000" for the bike. I do notice the "Distance since last service" has reset from 8000 miles down to the one 45 mile ride I did since the "upgrade" so that is nice. I hate taking the bike to the dealer just so they can reset the service window.
Looks like you’re still on the old version. Software version for our bikes after update is 20210225000.

I had the continuous loop issue yesterday just before a ride :mad:

Eventually I gave up and realised that if I disable Wifi and Cell just as I start the App, the app will work - however, it's not recording distance travelled. Remained stuck at 0 km and one ride had to be discarded.

I'm going to try using an Ipad to upgrade and see if that works

tried 5 times on my android S21+, failed each time.
app says it's upgraded successfully each time, says turn off/restart to finish upgrading.
each time there's a new update process to go thru.
tried wifi n mobile data, nothing worked.

phone app update worked, bike now connects and can be controlled by phone.
Sheesh !

I was going to say that ...
"I put my RideControl back to the Android release from January 1.4.0.
Also, switched off Auto Update of that app in the Play Store - seems like a good idea to do that generally !

Was prompted to do the 4.4 update but this time it worked"

But sounds like the update resolves the earlier issue anyway.

Will check it tomorrow.

2019 Road E Pro - Appears this update bricked the bike. Installed this update. Firmware appeared to flash ok. Noticed though that the Ridecontrol EVO only showed 3 POWER LEVELS after the update NOT the FIVE I had before!! I also could not tune the power levels anymore. I turned the bike power off. Now when I turn on it flashes the Giant logo and then immediately turns off so no possibility to update or do anything more. No more motor. I feel like it gave me the wrong firmware! Please beware!

Back