GIANT RideControl App 2.0

Bomans

There is news from Giant about the new Ride Control App 2.0:

Here is a preview:

Giant Ride Control App 2.0 Preview.JPG

There is also a statement regarding the problems with logging in and uploading tours of the old app;

We would like to provide you with the latest information on the status of the RideControl app.

Dear customers, dear RideControl users,

as you have probably already noticed, the function of the GIANT RideControl e-bike app has been faulty for a few days. This is because the contract with the previous developer of the app ended on August 15, 2020, which meant that the app no longer worked properly. This was expressed in particular by a failure when logging in and when uploading tours.

Due to this unexpected error, we temporarily extended the contract in order to restore the functionality of the app. It is now possible to log in to the app and upload tours again.

We are currently in the final test phase of the GIANT RideControl App 2.0. - We hope to be able to make this available to you via the Google Play Store / Apple App Store in mid-September. The completely redeveloped app will contain the following innovations:
  • The display of the total kilometers of the e-bike
  • Route creation using komoot, including arrow navigation on the display - available from around the end of 2020
  • A much more modern and user-friendly design
  • Customizable data fields in the ride page
  • An improved and more stable Bluetooth connectivity with the e-bike

In the first release, the app will only be available in English.

Here is a preview:

View attachment 63991

There is also a statement regarding the problems with logging in and uploading tours of the old app;

We would like to provide you with the latest information on the status of the RideControl app.

as you have probably already noticed, the function of the GIANT RideControl e-bike app has been faulty for a few days. This is because the contract with the previous developer of the app ended on August 15, 2020, which meant that the app no longer worked properly. This was expressed in particular by a failure when logging in and when uploading tours.

Due to this unexpected error, we temporarily extended the contract in order to restore the functionality of the app. It is now possible to log in to the app and upload tours again.

We are currently in the final test phase of the GIANT RideControl App 2.0. - We hope to be able to make this available to you via the Google Play Store / Apple App Store in mid-September. The completely redeveloped app will contain the following innovations:
  • Route creation using komoot, including arrow navigation on the display - available from around the end of 2020

Hopefully there will be a “MPH“ and total trip in “Miles“ option! Thank you for the information. 😁🚴‍♀️

Here is a preview:

View attachment 63991

Still doesn't work for me.

When ever, it would be welcome to have a somewhat functioning app but it's usefulness is grossly over-rated. I find the LED lights of the Ride Control One provides the essential info I'm interested in. To each their own.

When ever, it would be welcome to have a somewhat functioning app but it's usefulness is grossly over-rated. I find the LED lights of the Ride Control One provides the essential info I'm interested in. To each their own.
Mostly agree, though the app does provide a more precise reading of the battery level and miles remaining. I like to know whether I'm at the top, or the bottom, or somewhere between the range indicated by each light level 😉.

Last edited:
While it just looks like Giant have slapped a fresh coat of paint over the current app - even with the new features it would appear to be well behind the competitors - I welcome any and all reboots that promise basic working functionality! It's got to be an improvement on the current 1 star train wreck.. right?

this is great news for those doesn't have a external LCD display, we can finally find out what's the total lifetime KM travelled on the motor

If I must have detailed data like speed and distance I just mount this free GPS speedometer app to my handlebar. There's dozens of them available and they're far more accurate than what the RideControl app provides. Between this app and the LED lights I have plenty info. I'm just pedaling a eBike not racing a F1.

Attachments

• GPS Screenshot.png
    GPS Screenshot.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 588
Tried it yesterday again. Who knew I could get to 27km/hr in my garage, while the bike is still leaning against the workbench!

To hell with Specialized Turbo Vado, THIS bike is the fastesterest (inside joke from Specialized forum)!

Rode a couple of blocks to see if the app would normalize and do something useful. Nope... Shut it off and opened Strava. Waiting impatiently for something that delivers on promises.

Tried it yesterday again. Who knew I could get to 27km/hr in my garage, while the bike is still leaning against the workbench!

To hell with Specialized Turbo Vado, THIS bike is the fastesterest (inside joke from Specialized forum)!

Rode a couple of blocks to see if the app would normalize and do something useful. Nope... Shut it off and opened Strava. Waiting impatiently for something that delivers on promises.
I think we all are!

Strava does.

Back