GIANT RideControl App 2.0

No problems updating our Momentum bikes.
6F4A324C-DD6C-4D78-A329-1DFE483DF270.jpeg

2019 Road E Pro - Appears this update bricked the bike. Installed this update. Firmware appeared to flash ok. Noticed though that the Ridecontrol EVO only showed 3 POWER LEVELS after the update NOT the FIVE I had before!! I also could not tune the power levels anymore. I turned the bike power off. Now when I turn on it flashes the Giant logo and then immediately turns off so no possibility to update or do anything more. No more motor. I feel like it gave me the wrong firmware! Please beware!
What a nightmare! Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it to try the update again? Way back in 2018 I was updating my bike and the update failed during the firmware phase and it rendered my bike useless, it wouldn't even power on! I had to take it to my LBS and they had to replace the Ridecontrol Evo to fix it! My motor is currently away for overhaul, when it returns I will be leaving this app well alone....

What a nightmare! Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it to try the update again? Way back in 2018 I was updating my bike and the update failed during the firmware phase and it rendered my bike useless, it wouldn't even power on! I had to take it to my LBS and they had to replace the Ridecontrol Evo to fix it! My motor is currently away for overhaul, when it returns I will be leaving this app well alone....
I hear you, bike is at my LBS right now. Waiting for news about it. Back to a conventional bike for a bit.

New update out for ridecontrol app 1.5.1.0
To my own surprise, I could update my 2020 Trance E+ Pro 2 from Android smartphone with no issues under 5 minutes. Perhaps the exact configuration of the e-bike matters: Now, that e-bike is again equipped with Ride Control One remote (EVO display didn't live up even a year of use as it was not watertight enough...)

The Ridecontrol App has been updated so that their newest E-Bike models can be updated (firmware updates).
I updated my FastRoad E+ EX PRO 2021 model bike yesterday with no issues, took 5 minutes. I already noticed a quality of life improvement on the new firmware, now when I turn on the bike the lights will automaticaly start as well immediately and the bikes software seems to start just a tad bit faster than usual. A very welcomed update. However I would like to have more customization options via the actual App on the phone.

I just updated the app and then it asked to login and it does not recognize me. LBS shop where I purchased the bike (many hours away) asked me,”what is Ride Control.” Nice bike, poor service. 😕

Have you heard anything from your LBS yet? I have my motor back now but I don't want to go near the app...
No word from LBS even that Giant has responded to the warranty inquiry. I'm really sad. Expect it may take a month or more

So I have used the app (earlier version than 1.6.0) but found that it's now hard to resume a ride, if the bike turned itself off. Has anybody else experienced this?

Otherwise it's working a lot better. The connection is more stable and the distance logged is actually quite accurate.

So I have used the app (earlier version than 1.6.0) but found that it's now hard to resume a ride, if the bike turned itself off. Has anybody else experienced this?

Otherwise it's working a lot better. The connection is more stable and the distance logged is actually quite accurate.
I have the iOS version and have also found it a lot more stable and consistent. Distance is accurate and each ride has been logged and saved, and then automatically loaded to Strava. There are still a few minor issues but it seems to be improving with each update.

I find that when the bike turns itself off during a break then I just have to press the little bike icon on the map screen and it reconnects and resumes logging the rest of the ride from where it left off.

8F8BAD1E-B0BB-401A-B5E1-BF127E39C8D4.jpeg

I hope you get it back soon! I'm on pedal power for the time being also, probably for another week or so!
I finally got my Road E fixed with new EVO display from Giant. I was really nervous because the phone app still wanted to update the firmware, even though the bike shop had installed all the updates they could find with their dealer tool. I even tried getting older APKs of Ridecontrol app for Android, but they still wanted to upgrade. Finally did the upgrade successfully and able to connect. Really happy to discover that this new unit cleared out the +1200 miles that the old display showed for ODO on top of my real mileage (the old mileage was 'added' after a firmware upgrade from 1.5 years ago). Now it is again showing the real mileage that matches my Strava gear tracking. So going forward, I hope to skip any future firmware updates by not updating my app... but will see if Giant allows this.

I finally got my Road E fixed with new EVO display from Giant. I was really nervous because the phone app still wanted to update the firmware, even though the bike shop had installed all the updates they could find with their dealer tool. I even tried getting older APKs of Ridecontrol app for Android, but they still wanted to upgrade. Finally did the upgrade successfully and able to connect. Really happy to discover that this new unit cleared out the +1200 miles that the old display showed for ODO on top of my real mileage (the old mileage was 'added' after a firmware upgrade from 1.5 years ago). Now it is again showing the real mileage that matches my Strava gear tracking. So going forward, I hope to skip any future firmware updates by not updating my app... but will see if Giant allows this.
Thats good to hear, I had to get a new display also! Now that my bike is out of warranty I will be staying clear of the app for sure!

Back