GIANT RideControl App 2.0

going from those screens and the pdf linked on the site the app is an instant disappointment for me! They still, arbitrarily, force certain power levels for the five modes 🤬

going from those screens and the pdf linked on the site the app is an instant disappointment for me! They still, arbitrarily, force certain power levels for the five modes 🤬
True, but...
I don't blame Giant for maintaining up to 15 power levels distributed into 5 presets. It is fine for me, which I will explain soon.

Specialized Turbo e-bikes let you set infinite support level in range from 0 to 100% in 5% increments (Mission Control app) or 1% increments (BLEvo app) but only distributed into 3 presets. If the rider wants to keep it easy, he/she needs to decide in advance (typically, prior to the ride) if they need weaker of stronger assistance on that day. Of course, manipulating the assistance levels can be done anytime en route as well. Still, only three assistance presets seem quite limiting to me.

The situation with Giant is not hopeless. 15 assistance levels in 5 presets (and you can manipulate them with Ride Control App) is not that restricting, and it is easier to choose from 5 presets than from 3 during the ride.

If I could make any advice to Giant Co., I would rather suggest them to emulate Specialized in another matter: Limiting the Max Motor Power (or, Max Motor Current). At the moment, if you select 100% Eco in a Giant, it roughly means the motor responds with 1 Watt for each one Watt you input in the cranks. If you can input 250 W yourself, the motor will respond with 250 W assistance even in the Eco mode! (SyncDrive Pro can pump up to 520 W). It means a strong rider gets far too much of assistance, the assistance that might be unwanted because the rider might prefer a long range on the battery or a better workout. The motor max current (effectively: Motor Max Power) setting for each assistance preset would be very very valuable for Giant e-bikes.

...15 assistance levels in 5 presets (and you can manipulate them with Ride Control App) is not that restricting, and it is easier to choose from 5 presets than from 3 during the ride...

not to be pedantic but it's only 11 assistance levels ;) But yes, 5 presets are better than 3 and it isn't all bad
My main issues is with the bracketing of those levels. I can't use 100% for the 2nd preset or 150% for the 3rd

6 days after Giant Germany announcement the new Ride Control 2.0 app being certified in Apple and Google stores...

A popular German bet: Giant RC 2.0 will be certainly released after the new Berlin-Brandenburg Airport (BER) has been put in the operation :D

Since most of you are not current in German matters, the BER Airport has been promised for so many years now nobody in Germany believes it could start its operation by the end of October 2020. Nobody believes in earlier release of the Giant RC 2.0 either.

I haven't seen one OFFICIAL word concerning a new RideControl app to this date. Nothing other than rumors. Not a single Giant authorize announcement. (You can't mean that attempt to con people attributed to Giant Germany, what ever the heck that's supposed to be.) Please feel free to hold your breath.

Just got the new app on Android. Woo hoo!
Found it on the Play store. Took a long time to download for some reason.
Had to sign up again as the old account doesn't work.
Connected to my 2019 Fathom E+2 and upgraded successfully in about 2 or 3 minutes.
Nice looking app. Will try a ride later.

Last edited:
Not here, keeps showing the one I already have. Very strange, I might uninstall the old version and try again later.

Back