Giant Ride Control App

Timbolt

Hi, does anyone have experience of using the app and how accurate it may be. I have a new Fathon E+2 and have been out on a few rides. When looking at the data, the speed for example, I know have exceeded 30mph on some downhill parts but the graph shows that my maximum speed throughout the ride shows only 18 or 19mph. This raises questions over the accuracy of the overall distance and all the averages. Does the app rely on info from the sensor on the rear wheel or GPS. If GPS I guess it might not take into account gradient of a hill for example.
Any help or guidance gratefully received.

My experience with this app is similar to yours -I don’t think it is very accurate.
I use a much better health/exercise app on my samsung cell phone.

I think that is supported by the number of negative posts on this subject here on EBR.
It would appear that the firmware/software is under developed and quite bug ridden - look at comments on other posts.

We have been let down in my opinion Judging by the number of Giant bike owners left unhappy with this tech, made worse by Giants silence on-line and lack of response.

My experience with this app is similar to yours -I don’t think it is very accurate.
I use a much better health/exercise app on my samsung cell phone.

I think that is supported by the number of negative posts on this subject here on EBR.
It would appear that the firmware/software is under developed and quite bug ridden - look at comments on other posts.

We have been let down in my opinion Judging by the number of Giant bike owners left unhappy with this tech, made worse by Giants silence on-line and lack of response.
Thanks for that, what app do you use on your phone?

Back