Giant Firmware Update

LynneandGeoff

Seems Giant has now responded to the queries about the Smart option (Auto). Yesterday when I turned on the Ride Control app, I got the message to update the firmware. The Smart (Auto) option has changed dramatically from what felt like Eco /Eco + to something like Sport mode. The bike flies up the steepest slopes now and nearly leaves me behind on this setting. Wonder if any others commenting on the February (?) update have noticed this change? Is it as it was last year?

Mine updated today. It is markedly different from the last update.

One thing I noted was that the power seems to ‘pulse’ somewhat, but overall it’s much better than it was.

Seems Giant has now responded to the queries about the Smart option (Auto). Yesterday when I turned on the Ride Control app, I got the message to update the firmware. The Smart (Auto) option has changed dramatically from what felt like Eco /Eco + to something like Sport mode. The bike flies up the steepest slopes now and nearly leaves me behind on this setting. Wonder if any others commenting on the February (?) update have noticed this change? Is it as it was last year?

What is the Date & Version of this update ?

What is the Date & Version of this update ?

Available 6 days ago on App Store with apologetic message from Giant. Version - Ride Control 1.4.4

Attachments

• 74808EEF-D184-4AE2-9136-4C19C0404DBE.png
    74808EEF-D184-4AE2-9136-4C19C0404DBE.png
    390.6 KB · Views: 509
I have been riding using Version 1.4.3
And I have been happy with it.......................... but I sure wouldn't mind even better !

However, I get a wee bit leery when it comes to Giants Updates 😟
I don't think you can go Back to the previous Version if you are not happy with the new one, right ?

Besides the Button control of the Auto Mode, are you saying the ride feels peppier ?
Were you using Version 1.4.3 before, as a comparison ?

I updated to RideControl 1.4.4 via the App yesterday, this is software version 20191231001 (previously App 1.4.3, software version 20191231000). I believe if the update is carried out by a dealer it will be software version 20200304000, I'm not sure why there is a difference?

Anyway it appears to have solved the Auto issue which Giant have admitted was a stuff-up in 1.4.3. It's great to have a proper Auto back, my only comment is the same as some others have noted that there in Auto the power pulses and there is a higher battery use in Auto.

Back