Specialized Firmware Update Fail

Hekkubus

Region
USA
I tried the latest update (today is Feb. 19, 2023), and every time I would come back to the bike and phone, they both would be back at the home page. I'd try the update again, but it would happen all over again. It got as far as 30% last time before it quit.

I moved the bike to the back room for better Wi-Fi, but now it will start the update and give me an error message that says "could not install updates at this time. Please try again later." I have turned the bike off and rebooted the app at this point. When I reboot the app, it says, "Firmware Update Failed," and it gives me a continue option. Then the whole process starts again. Right now, the app shows Firmware 38.E.0
Any recommendations?

Last edited:
That's got to be frustrating. Just a guess, but are you at the latest version of the Mission Control App on your phone? It is 3.11.0. As far as I know, the update downloads to your phone and from there to your bike by Bluetooth. If you are already at 3.11.0, and if you have happy phone and bluetooth connections, I'd go to a shop and let them figure out why you can't update.

FWIW, I can confirm that 38.E.0 is the previous version of MasterMind Display firmware, released in July of 2022. You have all the latest features except for 80% charging limit.

Best of luck.

That's got to be frustrating. Just a guess, but are you at the latest version of the Mission Control App on your phone? It is 3.11.0. As far as I know, the update downloads to your phone and from there to your bike by Bluetooth. If you are already at 3.11.0, and if you have happy phone and bluetooth connections, I'd go to a shop and let them figure out why you can't update.

FWIW, I can confirm that 38.E.0 is the previous version of MasterMind Display firmware, released in July of 2022. You have all the latest features except for 80% charging limit.

Best of luck.
It looks like I have the current app downloaded. I have disconnected Bluetooth on everything but the bike, but still it's a no go. for the advice! I my cat be taking it to the shop this week. 😞

Last edited:
I’m not able to do any updates thru my phone and wifI. I have to take the Vados and Levos into my LBS and they plug each bike into their computer.

Back