Gazelle Ultimate Headshock Adjustment

JohnRC

I would like to soften the front forks on my bike but it is not clear on how to do this. The manual on line shows a bolt up from the bottom to loosen or tighten. But the fender is there on this bike. Do you have to take the fender off to make changes? Of can you change the setting with the hex bolts under the rubber cover?
Thanks,
John

Read this first Postmoderne fork

Do not use things under the rubber boot as they adjust play of fork and you will probably make something really bad happen.

You do need to remove the wheel and fender to adjust the fork preload from below.

When you say soften you need to be more clear. The factory preload is already very soft and the forks are bottoming out just by sitting on the bike. This makes the ride very harsh.

I made my shocks stiffer so that they did not bottom out and then when I hit a bump the shock "softens" the impact. So the shock is stiffer and the ride is "softer". I suspect you do not want the shock softer.

The trick is how much preload to add. I think I did 10 turns in 2 adjustment settings and maybe I could use more? I am 200 lbs,

Thanks Steve.
I am about 130 lbs and would like it softer. I can barely make it move when I put the front wheel against a wall and push down on the bars.

I did this on my arroyo, royal pain. I ended up softening the shock a bit via an allen wrench adjustment screw, but I can't say that it made much difference. I ended up buying a better suspension seatpost, which did help.

Back