Frey

It was a while ago but I thought there was like 2 setting with different power levels in each settings...not sure but I remember initially thinking something wasn’t right until it was swithched ,the way his post read.

on the other hand I couldon’t do wheelies, thinking my Stromer was about the same...this bike was full class 3 not an off road version

Hey that’s quite interesting. I think I did read something like that somewhere else once before but it didn’t obviously lock in on me! So reprogramming the controller with the available software through the various pages doesn’t impact the bike when on ECO and only in SPORT or have ai still got that wrong? I’ll do some more testing as I am sure when I played around with it all before it made noticeable changes even in Eco mode. Thank you!
Hey Simon, Does Frey adjust the motor controller settings for their bikes during the build or leave them at the factory settings from Bafang?
I’m getting the configuration tool and cable with my AM1000 bike so I too can reprogram the controller, but with so many presets, what would I want to change? I’ve seen Robocam’s great post of his AM1000 on the endless-sphere forum and the video where he showed how to change the PAS settings. Have you reprogrammed any of your bikes using “Karl’s” recipe or your own, and if so, what did you change? I know some people like to tinker with the settings out of curiosity, but are the changes actually improving the performance of the bike?

I believe Karl's settings are for the ludicrous controller which doubles the power. I'm not sure they are appropriate for the stock ultra. I seriously doubt Frey is modifying the stock settings in any way. I think most people that tune it are really just trying to get the torque sensing smoother rather than tweaking more power out of the motor. If you search here for ebikeaholic you'll see a few other settings.

Wow, tons of usefull information over that forum, thanks for sharing all that guys! I just posted a thread about Frey bikes on the forum to get help choosing a bike, but I figured out that I might get more information over here.

I'm hesitating between these two models : Hunter and Fat1000 2.0. I also found the Frey FF1 model which looks really cool, but found some forum saying the the rear suspension was really weird and probably not that reliable. At least the Fat1000 suspension looks exactly the same as the Frey AM1000 which has many good reviews, so probably that the rear suspension of the Fat1000 would be a better bet then the FF1 one.

I prefer the Fat1000 since it has 4.8" tires and a full suspension. I would be using this bike 4 season for commuting, for trails in the wood, on mountains and in snow. I live in Canada were it often gets to -20°C in winter and sometimes -30°C as well. I don't mind much the 1k price difference between the Hunter and the Fat1000 since I plan that this bike will greatly reduce the use of my car which will save me a lot of money in the end.

I was wondering if some of you guys know if it's possible to run a full suspension bike at these temperature without breaking it and having to do a lot of maintenance. If it's to much work, I would go with the Hunter since it has a hard tail.

Do you know anyone who have had some experiences with these bikes? Only found 2 of them for the hunter and 2 of them for the fat1000 on this forum and endless-sphere. They all say they have had great experiences, but it's not a big pool of people.

With their AM1000 model, Frey seemed to have given a great product and a great costumer service, so I'm feeling confident about this company.

And I'm also interested in knowing if you guys are able to get the full power out of this Bafang motor, hopefully you find a way for it to be stronger than a radrover :S

Here a video of some old guy doing wheelies on an ultra. Haha, jk Simon.

@Mark Tunis, hold down the + button to toggle between Eco and Sport mode. Give that a try and I suspect you'll be much happier.
I believe Karl's settings are for the ludicrous controller which doubles the power. I'm not sure they are appropriate for the stock ultra. I seriously doubt Frey is modifying the stock settings in any way. I think most people that tune it are really just trying to get the torque sensing smoother rather than tweaking more power out of the motor. If you search here for ebikeaholic you'll see a few other set
I believe Karl's settings are for the ludicrous controller which doubles the power. I'm not sure they are appropriate for the stock ultra. I seriously doubt Frey is modifying the stock settings in any way. I think most people that tune it are really just trying to get the torque sensing smoother rather than tweaking more power out of the motor. If you search here for ebikeaholic you'll see a few other settings.
Wow, tons of usefull information over that forum, thanks for sharing all that guys! I just posted a thread about Frey bikes on the forum to get help choosing a bike, but I figured out that I might get more information over here.

I'm hesitating between these two models : Hunter and Fat1000 2.0. I also found the Frey FF1 model which looks really cool, but found some forum saying the the rear suspension was really weird and probably not that reliable. At least the Fat1000 suspension looks exactly the same as the Frey AM1000 which has many good reviews, so probably that the rear suspension of the Fat1000 would be a better bet then the FF1 one.

I prefer the Fat1000 since it has 4.8" tires and a full suspension. I would be using this bike 4 season for commuting, for trails in the wood, on mountains and in snow. I live in Canada were it often gets to -20°C in winter and sometimes -30°C as well. I don't mind much the 1k price difference between the Hunter and the Fat1000 since I plan that this bike will greatly reduce the use of my car which will save me a lot of money in the end.

I was wondering if some of you guys know if it's possible to run a full suspension bike at these temperature without breaking it and having to do a lot of maintenance. If it's to much work, I would go with the Hunter since it has a hard tail.

Do you know anyone who have had some experiences with these bikes? Only found 2 of them for the hunter and 2 of them for the fat1000 on this forum and endless-sphere. They all say they have had great experiences, but it's not a big pool of people.

With their AM1000 model, Frey seemed to have given a great product and a great costumer service, so I'm feeling confident about this company.

And I'm also interested in knowing if you guys are able to get the full power out of this Bafang motor, hopefully you find a way for it to be stronger than a radrover :S
Hey Simon, I read a comment you made on endless-sphere about purchasing the EX without the external battery due to the cleaner look of the downtube.
When I watched your unboxing of the EX video, I noticed the external battery mount without the battery installed.
I’m really glad I chose my EX without the external battery. I completely agree with you that the bike looks sleeker without the external battery mount. I don’t think I’ll encounter many situations when I’ll want both batteries on the bike. I can always carry the second in my nice new Frey backpack if needed.
Since there won’t be a battery mount on my downtube, will there be just be a set of bottle cage bosses there instead?

byunbee I rode the CC bike extensively in China, throttle only, up and down mountains for miles and miles and out in the saddle all day. I’ve had 66 miles out of my AM1000 with the 52V 17.5ah battery and the CC’s are coming with the higher capacity 21ah pack. Perhaps the chap that only got 12 miles forgot to charge the battery 😁
I charged the battery’s , I ordered a extra battery with the bike, both are the same, I can watch on the screen 10 percent per mile drain
My battery’s are 48V

Really seems like something is wrong with your bike, the mileage is really low and i have owned a rad rover and the power on the ultra is not less

1 thing on my bike is it came stock with the throttle set at 40% max power, so i changed that and the throttle is very powerful, but you still should be doing fine with pas power wise

something just seems off

What I usually do is get on Alibaba.com site and use their messaging app. They respond in real time during China's business hours. I recommend that route instead of email.

What I usually do is get on Alibaba.com site and use their messaging app. They respond in real time during China's business hours. I recommend that route instead of email.
Ivy responds right away 12 hours ahead, very good at that, just a bit of language barrier

Back